PDA

View Full Version : Used Henriksen Jazz Amps never for sale?

markbosko
01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I have never seen a used Henriksen Jazz Amp for sale on TGP, Craigslist, or Ebay. Everyone must be very happy with them or almost no one has one.

I've been meaning to check them out for a long time now and I'm curious how many TGP players actually own and gig with one. I'm interested in which model you have, what guitar(s) you use with it, and of course the music you play.

Thanks,
MB

AllenL
01-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I have never seen a used Henriksen Jazz Amp for sale on TGP, Craigslist, or Ebay. Everyone must be very happy with them or almost no one has one.

I've been meaning to check them out for a long time now and I'm curious how many TGP players actually own and gig with one. I'm interested in which model you have, what guitar(s) you use with it, and of course the music you play.

Thanks,
MB
I got mine on EBAY about 1.5 years ago. Mine is the reverb head. You are correct that you don't see too many for sale. Just be patient and keep an eye out. One is bound to surface sooner or later. Of all the solid state amps I've tried over the years, this has the best EQ. This amp doesn't only do jazz, it can do blues and rock with appropriate pedals. This is by far my favorite solid state amp.

Steve Z
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I had a Jazzamp 10 a while back and it really was nice, though I preferred the Acoustic Image Clarus / Raezer's Edge Twin 8 rig so the Jazzamp was sold. I will likely get another sometime though as it was really nice with my G&L ASAT Classic and 335. I preferred the AI/RE with full hollow archtops.

I was just on the Jazz Guitar Forum and there is a Jazzamp 10 for sale right now (normal disclaimer that I no nothing about the amp or the seller...)

http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-amps-gizmos/19300-fs-henriksen-jazzamp-110-650-a.html

Gorgeous sounding with a tele for jazz...
VdIOY5vf3dA

Brad R
01-03-2012, 04:37 AM
I've been using a Jazzamp 10 for I guess about 4 years when ever I do straight ahead jazz gigs. Always sounds great and I get complements on my tone. I have seen a few used ones for sale but you are correct, it's not often.

markbosko
01-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the information and heads up on the amp for sale. I probably should just make the drive to LA and check them out.

monkmiles
01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I've been wanting to play a Henriksen too, but haven't been able to yet. I'd really want to play a solid state amp first before spending the money on one, since they're not cheap.