PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Fender Super Bassman (100 watt version)

Hendershot2009
04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey guys - I came across a Fender Super Bassman that was manufactured in 1969 and is the 100 watt version (they were only made for three years 1969-1971).. this is not the new super bassman. I have called quite a few tech's that I know and nobody has ever heard or seen one of these amps. It is a rather large head that is tall like a deluxe reverb; it is also in really nice shape and he says it works well. My question is, why isn't there anyone that has seen or even heard about this model?? The thing isn't even in my value book, and I even emailed the book's manufacture to see if they have heard of the amp, and they swear that there is no such amp that exists, only the new super bassman. I know this is a real manufactured amp because there is technical info online about it, but nothing other than that. Anyone have one of these mind spiiling the beans about this thing? I am a big Bassman fan, so I am going to look at the amp tomorrow and hopefully get it. Any vintage bassman is a prize to me! If anyone has ANY info, please let me know. Thanks!

lang.murphy
04-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Not much, but some info:

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-super-bassman/