PDA

View Full Version : need full size picture (printable) of Strat style guitar

echos
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
hey all,

I'm working on a project here and I need to print a life size pic of a S style (stratocaster style) guitar on axis (staight on and not at an angle)....particularly a Charvel San Dimas. I've downloaded several images from the net and when I enlarge them, they are very very blurry and I don't have sophisticated enough software to sharpen it up. I'm just needing to print these out at home on a printer.

Thanks for any help.

echos
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Or does anybody have a high resolution pic that I can resize, that would work as well. Just needs to be straight on. Thanks again for any help?

Sweetfinger
04-14-2012, 04:23 PM
What the hell kind of printer do you have at home that can print something like that? What is your need or use for this? If you really need something dimensionally accurate you're going to want blueprints or CAD drawings.
If I had a printer that could do that I'd print out life sized pics of celebrities, past the photos on cardboard, and make a big diorama like the cover of Sgt. Peppers and take crazy Christmas card photos.

echos
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
If I use paint shop, I can break the photo into several 8x10 sheets, so that is the easy part.
It doesn't have to be "accurate" for building purposes, only close.
I'm having my 7 year old daughter draw out a painting/drawing that she will eventually draw onto a Charvel that I just bought on the emporium. I want to give her some idea of perspective and have a theme of art that runs front to back, tail to head of the guitar and I want her to work out the idea first on paper before the gives it a go on the guitar.
The pic I have now....the body is okay, but the frets are a blurry mess.
The sentimental value of this guitar will be huge. I'll post pics when it's done for fathers day.

Seahawk2982
04-14-2012, 07:35 PM
http://vip-guitars.at.ua/publ/fender_stratocaster/3-1-0-5

Theres a blueprint type drawing of a strat.. should do you pretty good. Google is your friend my man.http://img.thegearpage.net/board/images/icons/icon7.gif

Sweetfinger
04-15-2012, 01:11 AM
When you get the guitar, just trace the outline onto paper. If you need to know where controls and routs are, hey- you're gonna have to take off the hardware anyway, so just lay a few sheets of transparency or acetate over the body and trace where everything is, then copy that. Some places will have a big flatbed scanner. You could just lay the guitar body on that and zip out a few copies.

Corinthian
04-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Sorry, can't help but...

a Charvel that I just bought on the emporium

Why not take a photograph of the guitar you have?

echos
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Don't have it yet. Just wondering if there was a pro photographer out here that had something I could use.

caboosemanakin
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
go to any UPS Store near you. they have wide format prints for very cheap. just send them the image and voila!

cherrick
04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Images.google.com

Sigh

echos
04-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah, I did a google search, the problem that I was having is that the pixels of the images that I could use are not large enough and when I resize the image it is really blurry. The larger images are all at an angle and not usable for me.
Thanks again for any help

Pietro
04-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I did a google search, the problem that I was having is that the pixels of the images that I could use are not large enough and when I resize the image it is really blurry. The larger images are all at an angle and not usable for me.
Thanks again for any help

To do what you are talking about, you need a REALLY high res photo compared to what you find on Google.

If the image is going to be decent, you need to shoot it yourself or have it shot or pay money for it. You are unlikely to find what you are looking for for free. It's one of the reasons pro photographers have a job.

echos
04-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Touché.

Pietro
04-16-2012, 06:37 AM
btw, you don't need ultra-high-res images for a very large print unless it's going to be viewed from a close distance (which most larger prints are not).

Even a 50 - 75 dpi image (at full size of course) can look great printed big. I've used them lower than that even, but they were being viewed from quite a distance... about 20 feet minimum.