PDA

View Full Version : Live at Daryl's House

Tonedef
09-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I know there was a thread on this show some time ago but I wanted to start a new one. For those who have not seen it, Daryll Hall invites guests to his house/studio to perform songs from both their catalogue and his. Right now I'm watching the one with Cee Lo Green. Just phenomenal! Great band and sound. I'm curious though, watching them perform vocally their is no issue for them hearing themselves sing over the instruments. They are not using IEM's just a single monitor in front. How the hell do you achiev that level of quiet on stage. My band struggles with this. When Im singing it feels like I'm shouting more than singing causing pitch issues. Same issue with my last band. What can one expect with a level of stage volume when you have a drummer playing behind you? I know, the age old stage volume question but this show makes a live vocal performance seem as if they can hear everything crystal clear...what is everyone else's experience with this issue?

Tadams
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I saw that last night and wondered the same thing. great show though.

lespaul6
09-14-2012, 05:40 PM
can someone post last nights show?

yspokes
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
The new show airs on the the website on the 15th. I LOVE LFDH!! I grew up with all the old school R&B they do and love all the new stuff they are doing. The CeeLo Green episode ROCKS! One of my favourites, as is the Todd Rundgren episode from Hawaii. I've watched it several times and it never gets old. That Man has some pipes (CeeLo)!

The sound in that room must be great to begin with for them to hear all the vocals (it is old wood, after all). Plus the sound man really knows what he is doing... so does Daryl, and Todd, and Dave Stewart, and........

What gets me the most about the show is the outstanding musicianship of his band, and probably the strongest backing vocals I have ever heard.

greyhound
09-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Just saw the episode with Cee Lo Green and was not aware of the show until I just casually came across it. Really enjoyed it and will have to watch all the back episodes now.

John Thigpen
09-15-2012, 06:01 AM
I was not a particular Jason Mraz fan until I say him on Daryl's House. They sounded great!

memberzonly
09-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Paul Pesco, great player.

ReidS
09-15-2012, 07:14 AM
I love this show..here is a fantastic version with Train.. one of my favorites by the Temptations and they totally nail the sound and vibe of this classic song..sounds almost as good as the original :)
Papa Was A Rolling Stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOabsfRNyxs

BadAssBill
09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Grace potter one is my favorite

BlackStrat_Fan
09-15-2012, 09:34 AM
I think volume control is the issue. They are not cranked for a bar full of people. Vocal monitors too.

The one where they go to Todd Rundgren's house in Hawaii is pretty sweet too:

/OMyneh_5ooI

/mDrpqvJ9nug

Rick N Boogie
09-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Great show, love the Todd episodes. Just saw Hall & Oates last week. Hall was in top form, and they were great onstage.

imastratoholic
09-15-2012, 10:16 AM
I stumbled across LFDH a few months back and really like what he is doing with all the guest artists. A well done intimate "jam" with some really interesting talent. I'm glad that Darryl is still active with his musical endeavors.

DustyRhodesJr
09-15-2012, 10:17 AM
I am watching the Todd Rundgren episode on cable as I write this- very good show.

Structo
09-15-2012, 10:22 AM
It's really a great show.

I liked the Grace Potter one too.

But the Todd Rungren one takes me back.

jekylmeister
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Yep, great show. I've watched a bunch of them multiple times. The C-Lo and the Rundgren shows are awesome.

CADdrafter
09-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Great show, love the Todd episodes. Just saw Hall & Oates last week. Hall was in top form, and they were great onstage.

i was at the same show in Allen.

once they got their sound under control it was a good show.

blownirocz
09-15-2012, 10:41 AM
I was not a particular Jason Mraz fan until I say him on Daryl's House. They sounded great!

+1. I was blown away by Jason Mraz, all the backing vocals, and man that band is tight!

TNJ
09-15-2012, 11:52 AM
This show is a national treasure.
Long live Daryl's House!!!

:dude

S.
j

yspokes
09-15-2012, 12:21 PM
:agree

yspokes
09-15-2012, 12:23 PM
And please..... let's not forget the episode with Smokey Robinson. Just the stories alone are epic, as was the music. It stirred my emotions as much as it did Daryl's

teleman1
09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I have been watching it for some time. Dig back, there are a l lot of great shows and another Todd one that's great too. Daryl has one incredible set of pipes. I am glad the show continued considering the loss of T-bone;sooo sad. He was a big contributor to the show. He is missed. Either Karen O of the YYY's has been on or I really want her to be on.

TrickinSid
09-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Very cool...thanks for sharing. :)

direwolf
09-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Paul Pesco, great player.
Killin it with the Suhr. Paul was the leader when I saw them live
Ceello episode was so good.
What is the single QSC K12 in the backline for?
D Hall stays current and relevant.
Cooking and dinner chat, the whole package works.

A bunch of talent should make a whole TV channel like this, I would never change the channel.

DaveG
09-15-2012, 01:33 PM
I am glad the show continued considering the loss of T-bone;sooo sad. He was a big contributor to the show. He is missed.

Watching the older shows, in much of the behind the scenes footage, you get glimpses of what a huge part of the show T-Bone was. I'm glad it's continued without him, too, but I do miss what he brought to it.

Btw, one of my favorite clips from the series:

J7izBLEoZHs

Teleplayer
09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
The shows with CeLo and Booker T. are fantastic.

yspokes
09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Listening to the Patrick Stump episode........

Jesus freak
09-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Love LFDH! How much of the "room" do you think we hear on TV? It seem to be a great room to record/play in.

Tonedef
09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
This is great, as the OP I meant the post to be more about how to achieve a good rehearsal space volume to allow box to be so effortlessly sung and the thread has morphed into something I never thought I would see. TGP posters all agreeing on their collective like of a particular topic...just got a tear in my eye with all the love floating around!

Timboguitar
09-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I know there was a thread on this show some time ago but I wanted to start a new one. For those who have not seen it, Daryll Hall invites guests to his house/studio to perform songs from both their catalogue and his. Right now I'm watching the one with Cee Lo Green. Just phenomenal! Great band and sound. I'm curious though, watching them perform vocally their is no issue for them hearing themselves sing over the instruments. They are not using IEM's just a single monitor in front. How the hell do you achiev that level of quiet on stage. My band struggles with this. When Im singing it feels like I'm shouting more than singing causing pitch issues. Same issue with my last band. What can one expect with a level of stage volume when you have a drummer playing behind you? I know, the age old stage volume question but this show makes a live vocal performance seem as if they can hear everything crystal clear...what is everyone else's experience with this issue?

I played in a band for a few years whose drummer was very "passionate". Hard hitting--especially on the snare and cymbals. He had no sense of compound meters, playing 3 against 2, or what I think of as "Bruford-esque" sensibility. Where intensity and passion can be communicated through the drums with a light even bouncy touch at times. Think of the shuffle beat in the original "I've Seen All Good People." Bruford at times can be light, snappy, articulate but still very intense.

The stage volume in this band was so bad, the singer/guitarist would go out of pitch because the cymbals were right behind his ears. He would turn his guitar up to hear reference tones for his vocals, and well, it got out of control. Not pleasant.

I assure you; the drummers and percussionists in Daryl's House are not causing the vocalists to develop tinnitus. Contrary to the situation I described above, I've played in and heard situations where the natural stage volume is not only reasonable, but enjoyable as well. Mutual respect goes a long way.
However, in the band I described above, the drummer and guitarist/vocalist would get confrontational and adversarial. It was one of the main reasons I left.

Seek out a drummer who can play with passion, intensity, and chops, but does not have to beat the bejeezus out of his drums and cymbals. I think then, you'll find a wedge monitor in front of you with a drummer behind can work pretty well---as long as your amp is positioned in the sweet spot.

Tim

robbinsteele
09-15-2012, 08:44 PM
is this still tgp? too much love here!?

teleman1
09-15-2012, 10:12 PM
When the topic is righteous, there's always love.

AD
09-15-2012, 11:35 PM
great clip.

Watching the older shows, in much of the behind the scenes footage, you get glimpses of what a huge part of the show T-Bone was. I'm glad it's continued without him, too, but I do miss what he brought to it.

Btw, one of my favorite clips from the series:

J7izBLEoZHs

Reddog
09-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Hmmm...you guys say this show has been on awhile? Somehow I have missed it (it seems it has only recently been aired on Palladia). I caught the Ceelo Green episode today - I LOVE the entire premise of this show - for all the reasons you guys have already said - great musicianship, the musicians appear to be really respectful, yet fully engaged in what they're doing. The sound was perfect - The overall vibe was fantastic (I would fantasize about having such an arrangement - having some really fine musicians at my crib for some great "hang" time...then some righteous music to follow...that's my ideal). I will now have to check out all the remaining episodes...thanks to the OP for starting this thread...

Amstarvid
09-16-2012, 11:08 AM
It started as a web based show a couple of years or so ago, and was only online for a long time...just started on Palladia a few weeks ago with the Jason Mraz episode. All are available online, though.

Hmmm...you guys say this show has been on awhile? Somehow I have missed it (it seems it has only recently been aired on Palladium). I caught the Ceelo Green episode today - I LOVE the entire premise of this show - for all the reasons you guys have already said - great musicianship, the musicians appear to be really respectful, yet fully engaged in what they're doing. The sound was perfect - The overall vibe was fantastic (I would fantasize about having such and arrangement - having some really fine musicians at my crib for some great "hang" time...then some righteous music to follow...that's my ideal). I will now have to check out all the remaining episodes...thanks to the OP for starting this thread...

ant_riv
09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I have been a fan of the show for a few years also!

It is a great premise and very well executed.

OP, I think the answer to your original question has been revealed, but if not I'll summarize what I think it is.

Mutual respect and an attitude where everyone playing is carefully listening to each other and consciously engaged in making the band/song sound better.

erksin
09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
The Chuck Prophet clip is fantastic...

AhbCyiO4Dks

Ben Sp
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Does anyone else suspect that they use a touch of auto-pitch correction on the vocals? I definitely caught a whiff during Cry Baby from the Cee-Lo episode...

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/currentep.html?ep_id=67

JohnK24
09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
To the new comers...WELCOME to LFDHs. Best web show ever, imho. Daryl Hall and his band are top notch...I love blue eyed soul and his guests are just so at ease in the "house".

Hall & Oates were a favorite when I was in high school and I continued to follow Daryl's solo career for the past few decades. This show give me chills, seeing true musicians and an artist like Daryl just having fun and playing, singing and enjoying their art. Glad Palladia finally picked it up.

Andygee
09-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Check out this young dude Allen Stone...very soulful.

Anyone think the background vocals are too perfect? Possible there was an after-show mix add in?

JohnK24
09-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Anyone think the background vocals are too perfect? Possible there was an after-show mix add in?

How about some damn talented musicians ? They do exist, right ? These aren't weekend, bar band players hacking out AC/DC you know ? That's Hall's touring band.

yspokes
09-16-2012, 01:08 PM

Watch the episode with Keb Mo. He wanted to do another take to "get it perfect", but the guys said "no". "Spontaneity is the whole idea here"... that's how Daryl wants it".

And I agree with that, and, I've heard some clunkers on the show.... but NOT VERY MANY. The guys in the band and Daryl have MANY years of experience doing this and have really honed their craft to the point of being musical art.

And yeah, we can all agree (TGP) that the one thing we have most in common is a LOVE of good music done well, no matter the genre.

yspokes
09-16-2012, 01:11 PM
How about some damn talented musicians ? They do exist, right ? These aren't weekend, bar band players hacking out AC/DC you know ? That's Hall's touring band.

Yes, yes, no, AMEN!

direwolf
09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Does anyone else suspect that they use a touch of auto-pitch correction on the vocals? I definitely caught a whiff during Cry Baby from the Cee-Lo episode...

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/currentep.html?ep_id=67
Mraz a little on "I wont give up" maybe.

doublee
09-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I am apparently alone here in my appreciation for Diane Birch...

LonesomeCraig
09-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Long time Hall and Oats fan here. Always top notch players with tons of feel and dynamics. Have been following LADH for a while. Now that it's on the Palladia chanell it will be seen by more people.

Another equally great weekly music show is "The Marty Stuart Show" on RFD TV chanell. You guys have got to check it out!

russ
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
The show gives the appearance that it is all shot/done in one day. Seems to me even with musicians of that caliber, rehearsals, takes etc. it would take longer. Anyone know?
I enjoy the show also....

Bill McDowell
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Just saw the episode with Cee Lo Green and was not aware of the show until I just casually came across it. Really enjoyed it and will have to watch all the back episodes now.

Just found this in the archive - great performances. Daryl and Cee Lo really harmonize well too.

62deluxe
09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
It looks like Daryl and the lead guitarist use POD floorboards, so I doubt the guitars have much "room", the vocal mics will pick up some though.
I thought I detected a little PC on Ceelo (not on of my favorite anyway), but not on anyone else.
Cool series I just picked up on, will need to check out older episodes.

FatTeleTom
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Daryl's usually running through a Fender, and more often than not I see the lead player with a couple of line6 amps (along with his floor board).

I think the videos we see of performances are sometimes comped from more than one run-through, as sometimes you see some things right before cuts that don't always seem to sync properly. But there's nothing surprising about that, as it probably requires a few takes to get a great audio track *and* solid video coverage. I suspect they comp together an overdub fix here and there, but it generally seems like the audio is a solid take.

It sure seems to me that these are all one-day shoots. That wouldn't surprise me given the obvious caliber of the players. Obviously we don't see the takes that don't work, but I suspect they easily nail those 3 or 4 songs in one day.

I thought I'd seen a few of the musicians with in-ears at times though?

AaeCee
09-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Great freaking show. Hall is a true talent and seems like a great guy with a real passion for music. And I agree with those who commented on Jason Mraz....I only knew of his few popular songs, but that guy really has the goods.

yspokes
09-22-2012, 08:43 PM

Not at all. That was also a great episode. Diane Birch, Nikki Jean, Sharon Jones, Grace Potter. I can't say that any of the episodes have been bad, just different, and I like them all. The newest one with Nick Waterhouse was a bit different, though. Seems they changed up the vocal mics, and the sound is... well, different. But after listening to it a second time. I get it. The only way I can describe it is a "dangerous" sound. That's just the word that comes to mind.

Ephi82
09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I dont know if its here on TGP or on Gearslutz, buthe guy who engineers and mixes the sound for the show has weighed inand taken questions. As far as i read, its all pretty muchcaptured live. I dontthink theres any editing or auto tune. There are some seriously great musicians in the house band and Hall is simply a supremely gifted vocalist. RIP T Bone

Blalockhf
09-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I dont know if its here on TGP or on Gearslutz, buthe guy who engineers and mixes the sound for the show has weighed inand taken questions. As far as i read, its all pretty muchcaptured live. I dontthink theres any editing or auto tune. There are some seriously great musicians in the house band and Hall is simply a supremely gifted vocalist. RIP T Bone

Yeah, Peter Moshay has a thread over on Gearslutz where he details a lot of the production, equipment & techniques used going back 3-4 years to the show's beginning. It's a long thread at this point but a fun read for fans of the show or those interested in the engineering/mixing aspect of its production. May not be cool for me to link a thread from another forum, but its easy to find over there with a quick search for those interested. Great show & talented musicians, no doubt!

Will.Simmons63
09-23-2012, 12:00 AM
My favorite episode was the one with Monte Montgomery he killed it... One of my favorite guitar players ever he killed it. I have the one with Cee Lo Green recorded but i haven't watched it yet i expect it to be good. I was shocked to see it on tv it has been on the internet for a long time i'm glad to see it get notoriety.

Slideman
09-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Pat Monahan/Train, C Lo, Mraz and Grace Potter best episodes IMO.

Reddog
09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
You know, this show reminds me a little bit of the show "Studio Jams" that used to come on BET several years ago. Anyone remember that one?

derek_32999
09-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Ya, I loved the grace potter episode, but she always rocks it out

ctman64
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Am I the only one who detects a fair amount of pitch correction on most of the vocals? Especially on Daryl's? It tends to sound a bit jumpy between pitches, and have that kinda' phasey sound that auto-tune seems to usually cause. Maybe I'm just hearing things

Having said that (I don't mean to be Mr. Negative here), it is a fantastic show. Great music, and I always look forward to watching it each week.

FatTeleTom
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I certainly haven't noticed any auto-tuning. Could there be some? Sure--my guess is that most subtle corrections aren't really as audible as people tend to think they are. But if it's happening, it's probably more likely with guests. I'm pretty sure Daryl can sing all the stuff you hear, and I'm guessing all the other regulars can and do nail the backing vox live. I think they're all just that good.

By the way, since my last post the guitar player/music director has been rockin' a couple of different Suhr amp/cab setups (to go with that lively strat-style Suhr guitar). I don't love all of his tones, but he always sounds good and his playing is spot-on for a variety of styles.

The recent Jason Mraz, Butch Walker, and Rumer shows have all been really good.

XXTwighlight
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
The drummer Brian from "Daryls House" subs for the drummer in the wedding band I play in. He's a great player. Hard hitter! Lol.

KiwiJoe
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM

No, you're not. I was going to mention the episode with her until I saw your comment. She is fantastic! I think she was really in awe being with those pros, and she and Daryl harmonized beautifully. The chord changes are just superb, the suspended turnaround give me chills. T-Bone was superb as he always was, RIP.

H9lyrOETXao

If anybody wants the chord chart, I worked one out; so let me know.

KiwiJoe
09-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned this one: Country singer, Jimmy Wayne, singing "Sara Smile." If you look around you can see they are all impressed with this kid making the song his own. T-Bone sure seemed to enjoy it. And Jimmy's fiddle player - WOW! Check it out.

nVMz-zzHE9Q

And, yeah, like others have mentioned already, the eps with Todd Rundgren are just too much awesomeness for words.

billfoma
09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I watched the episode with Butch Walker last week & was thrilled to see BW get some TV time. He is a VERY underrated songwriter, one of my biggest influences/heroes.

fr8_trane
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM

Yeah thats my take. This is what gifted, musical PRO'S sound like. It doesn't hurt to have a pro engineer doing the live sound and editing either.

For my money this is the best show on TV and I don 't even care for many of the artists. i just like to watch them work. It gives me something to strive for.

Chris Scott
10-01-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm so happy to see this show continue - top-flight artists making music together.

Nothing better in this world, is what I say.

mikeman
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Consumate musicians. Reminds me a lot of Levon's barn.

Custom50
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
i love this show! haha

DavidE
10-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah thats my take. This is what gifted, musical PRO'S sound like. It doesn't hurt to have a pro engineer doing the live sound and editing either.

For my money this is the best show on TV and I don 't even care for many of the artists. i just like to watch them work. It gives me something to strive for.

This and Marty Stuart's show on RFD TV. Unfortunately, I don't get either network and have to catch what I can online.

John Thigpen
10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned this one: Country singer, Jimmy Wayne, singing "Sara Smile." If you look around you can see they are all impressed with this kid making the song his own. T-Bone sure seemed to enjoy it. And Jimmy's fiddle player - WOW! Check it out.

nVMz-zzHE9Q

And, yeah, like others have mentioned already, the eps with Todd Rundgren are just too much awesomeness for words.

I love that song, and that's a REALLY GOOD version of it!

yspokes
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Jimmy Wayne was awesome. I listened to it again last night. Man's got a soulful voice.

And Jimmy's Fiddle player... "The King of Strings" His dobro action was mighty fine also. And, I might add, a fine looking instrument, as well.

teleman1
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Taylor Swift will never be on this show.

scottlr
10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I recall seeing a good one with Smokey Robinson. Smokey certainly still has it.

KiwiJoe
10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I recall seeing a good one with Smokey Robinson. Smokey certainly still has it.
Wow, this is a perfect example of how two people can look at/hear the same thing and come away with totally different opinions. See, my wife and I had the completely opposite reaction. We were really looking forward to the episode but were very disappointed. Now, I was taking into account his age, but I still thought his voice was weak in comparison to Daryl's; again, I'll consider the age factor (although Hall is what, 60 something now?).

I think the main thing that turned me off was I found Smokey to be quite arrogant; just something about his demeanor didn't sit well with me. I don't think it helped when he showed up in a limo with an entourage of bodyguards. Just a bit too much ego for me.

KiwiJoe
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Did anybody see the one with Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger from The Doors? Was there some tension in that room? I had that feeling all the way through, and it sure seemed to be confirmed when one of them left (I think it was Manzarek) quite abruptly fairly early, and they continued on without him.

Anybody have any behind the scenes 411 on that?

Fred Farkus
10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Best show in the history of tv, youtube, and the internet all put together. Been watching this a few years now. It's not just the music, performances, and talent- it's the camaraderie they share. You feel like you are right there in the room with them. Oh, and the food too, my god, the food...

Zandalf
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Best show in the history of tv, youtube, and the internet all put together. Been watching this a few years now. It's not just the music, performances, and talent- it's the camaraderie they share. You feel like you are right there in the room with them. Oh, and the food too, my god, the food...

Been hip to this show for about a year & it's not hard to understand why pretty much everyone here cites this show as one of the best music "shows" ever. Real expression coupled with talent and skills developed over many years and decades makes for a truly great musical presentation... And I'm sure the food has likewise been prepared! Yum!

btw, I really dig the Toots & The Maytals show!

Reddog
10-04-2012, 10:45 AM

nVMz-zzHE9Q

Wow! I REALLY dug this one, for the same reasons you just said...

ImmortalSix
10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Listening to the Patrick Stump episode........
That one was my favorite.

I had no idea what a proficient musician that guy was.

Drumming, singing, guitar, he is excellent at all of it.

yspokes
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Multi-talented guy, he is, Mr. Stump. Can't wait for the next episode.

sulrichs
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Thought the rezeznik episode was pretty good, especially the singing on the goos tunes. Other faves: ceelo, grace, keb mo, toots, monte

62deluxe
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Caught the Butch Walker episode a couple weeks ago, very excited by the music, ran out and bought his new album, and was disappointed. He was much better on the show than on his own album, the show band was better too.

Love the show, probably won't run out and buy any more new albums based on what I hear on it though.

yspokes
10-06-2012, 12:22 PM
It seems to me that Daryl and the house band just brings out the best in each guest He brings in. They are just soooo good at playing and singing any style/genre of music that it is always a treat.

I realized last night that I had not listened to the Mutlu/Chuck Prophet show, and Man, Mutlu was good but I now have a new respect for Chuck Prophet. That Man can get it done. Love that ole' Tele he had hanging on him. Sounded so good soaked in reverb and tremolo!

On another note, I listened to Daryl's new album (Laughing Down Crying) episodes for the second time. I'm not much of a pop fan, but this album is quickly growing on me.

jape
10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm.... this picture was just posted. I'm sure this will be good. :)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302193_420750007984095_1653182920_n.jpg

yspokes
10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Yesssss! That would be so cool!:dude Where did you see that?

doublee
10-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Sarah Smile what a song...love the show, it must be heavily tweaked in post production but its done very well, Darryl is doing the Levon concept and I would bet alot more will be coming from all sorts of people I hope.

imissmj
10-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that thought Jason Mraz with that band was really really good. The only way this could be better for me would have been a massive guitar solo and jam when the song peaks :)

mHikoBJhr9E

jape
10-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Yesssss! That would be so cool!:dude Where did you see that?

Joe Walsh's FB fan page. I don't see any other info yet.

3 Mile Stone
10-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Hmmmm.... this picture was just posted. I'm sure this will be good. :)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302193_420750007984095_1653182920_n.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT for that one.

Just started watching. I've seen the Butch Walker, Ceelo Green, Maraz and Rumer episodes. Turned the Chiddy Bang one off, just not my thing. They make everybody sound so good. DVRing every show at this point.

KiwiJoe
10-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Joe Walsh's FB fan page. I don't see any other info yet.
Oh Yeah! I get the Joe Walsh FB feed on my page and saw that last night. Holy freakin' $#|t! I'm a big JW fan, and I think DH has one of the best voices in pop/rock/R&B, so that is just going to be too much awesomeness for words to describe. It should be right up there with the epic Todd Rundgren Hawaii episode.