PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Stagg MOB 20 have such a short battery life?

Paradoxic
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I've bought a Stagg MOB 20 for busking, and it says that it has a minimum of 10 hours of charge, but it cut out on me after 2 hours of busking last week. It was the first time I'd used it for a long period, but I'd charged it the full night before leaving it plugged in - am I doing anything wrong? Any tips to increase the battery life?

folkpop
11-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I received my Stagg battery amp yesterday and it took very little charge to say it was full, I started setting it up with mic and trying two different guitars and within 20mins the volume was going on and off and the low power light came on, well this morning I put it on charge again, 2 and a half hours later the full light is on, I will leave it turned off but still charging although the full light is on for another hour then try it.

I suppose you could always nip into a bar and use one of their power sockets to charge it to continue busking though you could end up spending all your takings waiting for it to charge again :(

Remember higher volumes consume battery life quicker and that may have been my problem last night as I am used to using a 2k pa so used to it being loud.
Let me know how you get on with it.