PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Shopping in Seoul? Any advice?

Defendant
01-22-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I have four days in Seoul coming up starting this weekend. My hotel will be in Gangnam.

Does anyone have any advice or directions for guitar shops in Seoul?

In particular is there anywhere that has any decent stocks of boutique pedals?

thanks in advance!

Carlo
01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Gangnam is the ritzy section of Seoul. There you will find high end boutique guitar stores that carry Suhrs and Fender Custom Shop, etc,. with comparable prices (If not higher) than what you would buy them in the USA for.
In Insadong, there is Nakwon market which is a huge guitar/music store maybe seven floors. You find a few Fenders, maybe Gibson (If not counterfeit) but mostly lower end Korean made guitars. The store is interesting to wallk through.

ScottB
01-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Gangnam is the ritzy section of Seoul. There you will find high end boutique guitar stores that carry Suhrs and Fender Custom Shop, etc,. with comparable prices (If not higher) than what you would buy them in the USA for.
In Insadong, there is Nakwon market which is a huge guitar/music store maybe seven floors. You find a few Fenders, maybe Gibson (If not counterfeit) but mostly lower end Korean made guitars. The store is interesting to wallk through.

This place is worth a visit, even if it isn't the kind of stuff you're looking for.

Last time I was there, they had a lot of Fender custom shop stuff in a store upstairs as I recall.

I almost bought an Epiphone Wildcat there.

Defendant
01-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys.

BTW I'm no stranger to prices being higher than US retail. That's pretty common for medium to higher-end brands across Asia.

I wonder if I'll spot any MIK Reverends?

BG Loft
01-22-2013, 09:31 AM

Gangnam style!

On a more serious note, I believe there is a thread on guitar shopping in Seoul. Worth searching for that older one..

Defendant
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Gangnam style!

On a more serious note, I believe there is a thread on guitar shopping in Seoul. Worth searching for that older one..

First thing I looked for, especially after finding th tokyo one so useful. But not much on here, hence the thread.

lukeII
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
I bought a fantastic 59 histiric 335 from these guys on my last trip to Seoul
http://www.musicforce.co.kr/

Very cool shop in a basement with an amazing selection of guitars and a nice bunch of people. Visa cards didn't work but happily Amex did. Check out their inventroy online