PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone tried decibel 11 hot stone deluxe power supply?

killermax
01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Im finding a power supply for my pedal board and stumbled upon this one. Its a little bit cheaper than the DC10 and has more options than the PP2+.

Anyone tried before? How about the JOYO isolated power supply? Its dirt cheap compared to them.

Thanks

BobbyKeller
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I personally use two decibel eleven power supplies including the hot stone deluxe. I couldn't be happier with them and they are dead silent. No
hum or power problems. They are very reliable and I used to use the PP2+ and I would never go back after switching to the hot stone. Plus the price is awesome so don't let the price fool you or make you think the quality is low. Definitely try it...it's worth it!!
Bobby Keller

kiki_90291
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Anyone else have any experience with these? Preferably someone with more than one post in their history who is not obviously a sock puppet for the Decibel 11 marketing department?

Jimtherocker
04-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Excuse my also low post count, been lurking a while, but I do own a decibel eleven hotstone deluxe. I have not tried any other isolated supplies and have only owned it since the start of this year, so can't really compare in terms of operation or reliability.

My main reason for purchasing over the voodoo labs was the extra options (to power my Nova repeater at 12 V, 300 mA). My reason for purchasing over the Cioks was that it was in stock in a guitar shop where I live with the appropriate voltages for New Zealand.

I have however owned non-isolated power supplies previously, (in particular a belcat/crossfire one which had both 9 and 12 volt outs but wasn't isolated) and the hotstone has fixed the issue with digital delay clock noise bleeding that I used to have.

Josh Fiden
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Anyone else have any experience with these? Preferably someone with more than one post in their history who is not obviously a sock puppet for the Decibel 11 marketing department?
That's funny!

I wonder what price Bobby paid when he says "the price is awesome"? I thought they were priced about the same as a VL 4X4, which is made in the USA, not China.

Regards,

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO
www.voodoolab.com (http://www.voodoolab.com)
www.facebook.com/scarygoodtone (http://www.facebook.com/scarygoodtone)

Fender4life
04-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I have a low post count and a PP2+ I paid,,,welll I don't actually remember, but it works pretty good,,,, where do I fit into the profiling ;-)

Loni Specter
04-06-2013, 11:13 AM
If anyone wants to speak with them, they are exhibiting at the LA Pedal Expo tomorrow
www.guitarpedalexpo.com

turtleheadblues
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Im finding a power supply for my pedal board and stumbled upon this one. Its a little bit cheaper than the DC10 and has more options than the PP2+.

Anyone tried before? How about the JOYO isolated power supply? Its dirt cheap compared to them.

Thanks

Does it have to be made in China?

If a USA made supply that has the best rep in the business is an option check out the Voodoo Lab 4X4. My pp2 has never let me down as well as our show boards. Rock solid.

alanbass1
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I have a Hotstone Deluxe and couldn't be happier with it

stinkfoot
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
How about the JOYO isolated power supply? Its dirt cheap compared to them.It's cheap alright, but that's partly because it actually isn't isolated...

The Decibel 11 stuff I don't know anything about, aside from the published specs.

jul.brown90
04-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I have Hotstone Deluxe as well. Works great !

Big_Daddy
04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I have been using a Hotstone Deluxe for several months now. It is powering an Ethos OD, Timmy, Boss Chorus, Flanger and TU3 tuner, TCE Flashback Delay and a Line6 wireless transmitter and it has worked flawlessly. Their support was very helpful when I was setting it up. Nothing but high marks from me.

BD

xtrajerry
04-16-2013, 02:24 PM

what was the point of that?

ArchtopAnimal
06-01-2013, 03:54 AM
I've just ordered a Decibel Eleven Deluxe from Will at : http://www.guitaralley.com.au/#!theshop/c161u

He's the cheapest and fastest in Oz and 12% less than the rip-off
VoodooLab importer sells PP2+ at
I'll probably have sleepless nights wiring up all the pedals and supplies on
the incoming PedalTrain3 . :dude