PDA

View Full Version : "Local Guitarist" on Top Gear

Tonekat
02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
And yes, I mean the real, UK Top Gear.

A new episode was on this evening in which they test the Kia C'eed wagon, a new Kia made in Slovakia and only available in Europe.

Jeremy, blindfolded, demonstrated how it self parallel parks, and then asked if you can plug a guitar into it.

As the intro chords to "Layla" were heard through the car's sound system, Jeremy mentioned that they had a local guitarist chap try it out (as they showed a guitar cord jacked into it via an adapter). The camera changed angles to show Eric Clapton at the other end of the guitar cord standing in front of the car in a leather jacket playing "Layla" on a gray Strat. He then played a bit of "Sunshine of Your Love". Pretty cool!

Trout
02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
And yes, I mean the real, UK Top Gear.

A new episode was on this evening in which they test the Kia C'eed wagon, a new Kia made in Slovakia and only available in Europe.

Jeremy, blindfolded, demonstrated how it self parallel parks, and then asked if you can plug a guitar into it.

As the intro chords to "Layla" were heard through the car's sound system, Jeremy mentioned that they had a local guitarist chap try it out (as they showed a guitar cord jacked into it via an adapter). The camera changed angles to show Eric Clapton at the other end of the guitar cord standing in front of the car in a leather jacket playing "Layla" on a gray Strat. He then played a bit of "Sunshine of Your Love". Pretty cool!

Hey, do you know if the episode is on the top gear site yet? We do not get Top Gear on our cable provider.

bigdaddy
02-25-2013, 08:00 PM
finalgear.com

Tonekat
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey, do you know if the episode is on the top gear site yet? We do not get Top Gear on our cable provider.

I don't know if it's because I am not a member of the site, but I can not play the episode. But it is mentioned under Series 19 Episode 4 titled "one with...Kia Cee'd Rugby". The car Rugby game is later in the episode than the review of the Cee'd Estate.

Tonekat
02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I found the segment with Clapton, about 32 seconds long: http://videosift.com/video/Eric-Clapton-tries-out-the-new-Kia-Ceed-on-Top-Gear

zekmoe
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Too awesome for words!

JimboMansonMB-1
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
So cool! Love Top Gear.

19rick52
02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Cool. Nice jacket!

playsarobin
02-25-2013, 09:20 PM
And officer John McClane got to try the horn...

Great episode. When I heard sunshine I thought "noooo.... It couldn't be". Then they panned out. Awesome!
Then Bruce Willis...

The rugby match was great as well. This show always brings the goods. Matt LeBlanc was great as well for his small segment.

jnepo1
02-25-2013, 10:19 PM
I love the original TG. The US version blows.

cmbeal317
02-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Only on UK Top Gear would something like that happen, and that is why it is so much better than the US version.

Also, I wonder if Joe Bonamassa will be interested in the Peugeot Onyx, since it has bare copper, just like on his sig. Wah and Fuzz Face.

Tonekat
02-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Cool. Nice jacket!

Yeah, and it matched the maple-neck Strat body!!!