PDA

View Full Version : anyone played the skreddy hybrid fuzz driver yet?

jurfin
03-09-2013, 11:58 PM
im not sure if its been available long enough for anyone to get one yet, but im really interested in this one. clips would be just awesome too-thanks!

lhama
03-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Dont get your hopes up, yet. Unless Marc will post some clips from the prototype. It was annonced a couple of weeks ago, and it has a two months build que. I hope it's ready in may. Maybe someone has an early version?

monkmiles
03-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Yea, I don't think it's out there yet.

Seem like it will be a middle ground between the Screwdriver and the Lunar Module.

I happen to love my Screwdriver with the humbuckers on my Les Paul, so I'll probably just stick with it, even though I'd like to try the Fuzz Driver as well.

jurfin
03-10-2013, 12:10 PM
ooooookay : ( thanks dudes.

zosozep7
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
He has a pic up on his website. Looks like you can order it. I would like to hear some clips though first before I buy it.

http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_hybrid_fuzz_driver.htm

sickboy79
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Very cool! I didn't know there was a new Skreddy in the works. Great to see this.

mcnabbanov
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Yea, I don't think it's out there yet.

Seem like it will be a middle ground between the Screwdriver and the Lunar Module.

I happen to love my Screwdriver with the humbuckers on my Les Paul, so I'll probably just stick with it, even though I'd like to try the Fuzz Driver as well.

the lunar module dlx can already cop all of the same tones as the screwdriver...try for yourself!

PerFusionist
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
My order has been in since around the beginning of the month (edit: Feb. 24th).

I love my Lunar Module but curiosity (and the mid-boost knob) got the better of me.

I'm sure the NPD's will be coming soon!

AceBSpankin
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
For the record, Marc has 3- new pedals in the works!!
I'm pre-ordered for 2 of these, as "TP" put it the waiting is the hardest part!!

PerFusionist
03-11-2013, 04:43 PM
For the record, Marc has 3- new pedals in the works!!
I'm pre-ordered for 2 of these, as "TP" put it the waiting is the hardest part!!

I know there's the phaser too...what's the 3rd?

keenan
03-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I know there's the phaser too...what's the 3rd?

silicon fuzz face http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_BC109.htm

monkmiles
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
the lunar module dlx can already cop all of the same tones as the screwdriver...try for yourself!

Really, all of the same tones as the Screwdriver Deluxe? Seems like it's fuzzier to me, but I haven't played it.

jurfin
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
bumping to see if anyones got one yet... im very interested in this pedal dudes.

lhama
04-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I got the usps notification yesterday, so hopefully next week.

Michael Minnis
04-10-2013, 04:19 AM
I got the usps notification yesterday, so hopefully next week.

Me, too.

PerFusionist
04-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Mine is supposedly arriving today :banana

PerFusionist
04-10-2013, 08:57 PM
So, I did indeed receive my HFD today and just got done playing with it. It's obviously the honeymoon, so take this review with a grain of salt...but I sure do love this thing so far. It's just a ton of fun.

I have a Lunar Module Deluxe and used to own a Screwdriver. Again, it's early, but I could definitely see this thing taking the LMD's spot. I could get most of the LM's sounds (even higher gain stuff), but the HFD is crisper and has more focused mids on tap.

As a straight-up overdrive I absolutely love it. It has this beautiful balance across the guitar frequency range and is quite tweakable (although I found myself mostly staying between 11:00-1:00 on all of the knobs). The dynamics are among the best I've heard in a pedal, both picking and messing with the volume knob.

I know that Marc designed this with humbuckers in mind, and it was awesome with them, but I had tons of fun playing a Tele through it too.

More playing and experimentation is required, but out of the gate this seems like a total winner. I feel that Marc has really poured all of his experience into this one and has come up with quite a gem.

I can't wait to try this in a band mix....

cpricecpa
04-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Nice to see these are rolling out. Hope to get mine soon.

jurfin
04-14-2013, 03:44 PM
thanks for your review! any idea how you think it would sound with a vox?

sickboy79
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the review. Skreddy continues to release awesome pedals!

J.T.
04-14-2013, 04:39 PM
So, I did indeed receive my HFD today and just got done playing with it. It's obviously the honeymoon, so take this review with a grain of salt...but I sure do love this thing so far. It's just a ton of fun.

I have a Lunar Module Deluxe and used to own a Screwdriver. Again, it's early, but I could definitely see this thing taking the LMD's spot. I could get most of the LM's sounds (even higher gain stuff), but the HFD is crisper and has more focused mids on tap.

As a straight-up overdrive I absolutely love it. It has this beautiful balance across the guitar frequency range and is quite tweakable (although I found myself mostly staying between 11:00-1:00 on all of the knobs). The dynamics are among the best I've heard in a pedal, both picking and messing with the volume knob.

I know that Marc designed this with humbuckers in mind, and it was awesome with them, but I had tons of fun playing a Tele through it too.

More playing and experimentation is required, but out of the gate this seems like a total winner. I feel that Marc has really poured all of his experience into this one and has come up with quite a gem.

I can't wait to try this in a band mix....

Clips?

jcat5503
04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
I wanna hear a demo too!!

PerFusionist
04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I'll try to get some clips recorded this week.

I played it in a band mix today and it definitely cuts well, and I only had the mid boost at noon.

PerFusionist
04-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Alright, with Marc's permission, here's my demo. Hope you like it :dude

VkLi__l2xLw

TBoneDeluxe
04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Great demo!! Sounds fantastic!!

J.T.
04-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Cool thanks for the clip. Is that a custom skreddy echo? My favorite dirt pedal is the LMMD and I have the Hybrid on order. It seems from your demo they can get similar in sounds with the LMMD being fuzzier. Do you find they have a lot of overlap? What are your impressions of stacking the LMMD into the Hybrid? Can you justify both on the board?