PDA

View Full Version : Kemper sighting....!

Blueswede
09-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Went to see Lyrnrd Skynrd last nite and the opening band was the Outlaws....I always enjoyed their music and was looking forward to seeing them. They did not disappoint at all; although they only got 30 minutes, they truly rocked the house. The main lead guitar player had a Marshall cab with a white box on it and after a couple of views on the video screen, yep, it was a Kemper. Great tone all the way. If they come somewhere near you, I highly recommend seeing them. Great to see the Kemper being used by a solid working band.....

mxk116
09-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Went to see Lyrnrd Skynrd last nite and the opening band was the Outlaws....I always enjoyed their music and was looking forward to seeing them. They did not disappoint at all; although they only got 30 minutes, they truly rocked the house. The main lead guitar player had a Marshall cab with a white box on it and after a couple of views on the video screen, yep, it was a Kemper. Great tone all the way. If they come somewhere near you, I highly recommend seeing them. Great to see the Kemper being used by a solid working band.....

Kemper with a Marshall cab; awesome that you caught that at the show. I plan on using mine live with a 4x12. Wonder what profiles the guitarist was using?.

Blueswede
09-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Kemper with a Marshall cab; awesome that you caught that at the show. I plan on using mine live with a 4x12. Wonder what profiles the guitarist was using?.

That was my thought as well.....all I can say is that he sounded great!

Chris.novak
09-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Best of both worlds. A good direct sound for the sound man and a roaring Marshall 4x4 for the guitarest. Awesome.

toasterdude
09-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Damn I thought you were gonna say skynyrd were using kempers. . .lol. I love the outlaws as well so still very cool. They have two guitarists, Chris Anderson does mostly billy jones's stuff while the new guy steve grisham, I assume does the Hughie stuff.

Chris has darker hair and the last time I saw steve with the outlaws back in the 80s he had blonde hair. Chris plays gibsons and PRS, lately mostly PRS including a cool 3 P90 version.

Steve I assume will play a strat. His first go round in the outlaws he was actually replacing Billy Jones and did it on a strat, which I was not crazy about as Billy's tone on the LP was FAT. If you use a strat to play Billy Jone's parts you better not be playing a LP to play hughie!

Were they actually using different profiles or basically using it as a lighter marshall and likely flying in with rented 4x12?

toasterdude
09-22-2013, 08:05 AM
BTW, 30 minutes for outlaws. . .geez the live version of Green Grass was 22 minutes! There goes another love song, green grass and done? lol

rdwilson
10-13-2013, 10:44 PM
i would like to see a vid of kpa with the outlaws.

ncyankee
10-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Saw Trivium and Devildriver last week and both were running Kempers.

lspaulsp
10-14-2013, 04:48 PM
There's several Outlaw vids with the Kemper.

boanerges
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Such as this, with the KPA on top of a small Marshall Cab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egowZEFDLqA