PDA

View Full Version : Lovepedal Hi Volt

stratohiker
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Interesting..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHrCiyBtHD0

Guitar Josh
02-12-2014, 05:56 AM
You know what I got out of that trailer? Absolutely nothing. What is with these companies that don't even give you some legitimate idea what the pedal sounds like?

NeilYoungFan
02-12-2014, 06:02 AM
You know what I got out of that trailer? Absolutely nothing. What is with these companies that don't even give you some legitimate idea what the pedal sounds like?

Gotta agree. Might be interesting from an "artistic" point of view, but after all its purpose is to introduce a guitar pedal, right?

aaronblues
02-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Nah, the purpose of that vid is to catch your ear/eye. It's not like there is a link to buy, or something. Nothing wrong with advertising. There will be info when the pedal is going to be released.

cheers

JSteed
02-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Agreed. Yes it provides no info whatsoever, but it's a trailer, not a demo. To be honest, even I watched it, and I have 0 interest in dirt pedals whatsoever, so I guess it's working?

RBfan
02-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Pedals have trailers now?!

First thought: stupid.

Second thought: it would be cool to see something like this instead of those interminable soft drink ads before a movie. But I guess they're not going anywhere...

T

papersun
02-12-2014, 07:38 AM
I never understand the pedal "trailer" video.

krz4fx
02-12-2014, 07:41 AM
It's a teaser and it does it's job well.

papersun
02-12-2014, 07:45 AM
If by "does it's job well," you mean, "makes me instantly forget about this product," then I'd agree.

screamingduck
02-12-2014, 08:10 AM

I joined TGP back in 2005 and the whole "boutique" pedal/amp world was very new to me. After making a few purchases that were unsatisfactory I began avoiding the brands who chose to advertise with very little factual information but rather sell you with the hype that you could "be this" or "do that" IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE VERY FEW COOL PEOPLE that were lucky enough to even know about let alone buy one of their pedals. It got even better when I began going to DIY forums where so many pedals are found to be simply small variations of an old simple circuit that were published years ago by guys like Craig Anderton or Jack Orman. Some builders keep churning out basically the same pedal over and over with different cool names that promise to do something special and unique but if you took the time and did some research you would find how similar a lot of them really are.
Reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz" where the only one smart enough to look around is the little dog who pulls back the curtain to reveal the Great and Powerful Oz is just a little old man pulling levers and knobs to create this grand illusion. But isn't that the beauty of America these days. Most advertising in general is based on either making you think you need to improve yourself by buying a product or else selling you on a better lifestyle or being better than everyone else so , when you think of it, some of these pedal makers are just doing the same thing.
I just want to know exactly what the pedal or amp does- not what status I will have among my peers if I buy one or which famous guitar player I will now sound exactly like.
Rant over.:drown:stir:nuts

Squigglefunk
02-12-2014, 08:21 AM
the less u hear the better

stratohiker
02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
I've never owned a Lovepedal dirt pedal. So, don't have any first hand with them.
I happened to go to their site this morning, saw a pix of this pedal on the homepage.
The layout looked intriguing so....
Quick Google, saw this video linked off of their Facebook.
I would imagine when it comes out, those of us signed up for the email blasts will know it.
Hey, can't fault a company for coming up with ways to create a groundswell for their products.
I recently got an Echophonic V2 from them and I'm enjoying that.

slopeshoulder
02-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Typical Lovepedal hype machine.

DonneR
02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi Watt black and white ?

krz4fx
02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
If by "does it's job well," you mean, "makes me instantly forget about this product," then I'd agree.

Like it or not, you haven't instantly forgotten about it; here are we talking about it! ;)

stratohiker
02-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi Watt black and white ?

That's kinda what I was thinkin'

MogwaiBoy
02-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Calling it a "trailer" for starters is part of what's wrong - everyone wants to be just a little too Hollywood these days. As if music album 'teasers' weren't selfindulgent enough.. now we have pedal teasers.

I like the background atmospherics in that... movie, i mean... PEDAL 'trailer' anyway :)

papersun
02-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Like it or not, you haven't instantly forgotten about it; here are we talking about it! ;)
About the video, not the pedal. ;)

MAGICboy
02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
http://www.lovepedal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/hivotUntitled.jpg

We have been showing this one (Hi Volt) around for a few months now on our facebook page and to friends..

Here is a bit more info about it up top.. I have some test video I can put up to give you guys a better idea of what it sounds like..

We purchased a new camera and were working with a new video platform in Imovie..
The trailer was a cool learning experience for us. We are trying to work on our video chops everyday and think of new ways to show the new things coming out..

As always any questions I will do my best to answer..

slopeshoulder
02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
^ Now that's more like it. :)

MAGICboy
02-12-2014, 12:57 PM
^ Now that's more like it. :)

Thank you sir.. :)

krz4fx
02-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Hey, Sean, thanks for chiming in and the info on the Hi Volt! I'm still rocking the D-mod Eternity!

MAGICboy
02-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Hey, Sean, thanks for chiming in and the info on the Hi Volt! I'm still rocking the D-mod Eternity!

I miss that one!

stratohiker
02-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Yes Sean....Get those clips rolling man.
Love to get an idea of what it can do.

Strat58
02-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi is a genius when its comes on promoting his pedals, an dguess what every time he is right they sound great.
Peace Strat58

Squigglefunk
02-13-2014, 03:21 AM
nah

jAcKoFsPeEd
02-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Use to be a Wampler fan and really didn't care for Lovepedal..... but now all I have is a Velvet Fuzz from Wampler and a High Power Tweed Twin, Les Lius, Kalamazoo, Englishman and the new Echophonic V2 from LP......how things change. This High Volt sounds interesting.

Pointy Headstock
02-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Evokes memories of this:

iTY5EKN6bzM

turtleheadblues
02-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Looks awesome.