PDA

View Full Version : Ironman question? ( Black Sabbath content )

BluezHound
02-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok iron man is a g g cb cb cb a g g right as far as notes? If so I have licked that lick :D

slowburn
02-03-2007, 01:23 PM
um....

BluezHound
02-03-2007, 01:30 PM
um....

well as far as bass goes it is. but it sounds the exact same ont he first 4 strings on my new baby ashly.

bobgoblin
02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I'd have to go with slowburn on this...

From the Ozzy/Randy version: B, D, D, E E, G (slide) F#, G (slide) F#, G (slide) F#, D, E E

The Sabbath version may be in a lower pitch, as Iommi often down-tuned do to finger injuries. I've read he often tuned town 3 semi-tones, which would put the open "E" string at C#. YMMV...

Luke V
02-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok iron man is a g g cb cb cb a g g right as far as notes? If so I have licked that lick :D

It's in the key of B. bobgoblin has it right.

BluezHound
02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Can you guys give me the full song? I have the intro down but I want to be able to play it fully.

Madsman
02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
People have a wacked out idea of how that song is played because there are so many people who learn that song and nothing else... like Smoke on the Water... just like 1 riff, and then let it go. So I've seen people playing Iron Man in E, A, C, etc... School of Rock had tons of my students playing Smoke on the Water wrong. :)

I think it should be a guitar teacher duty to force people who want to play SotW or Iron Man to learn the WHOLE songs. :)