PDA

View Full Version : BJF Pink Purple Fuzz

stratman0602
03-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Mr. UPS Man delivered my Pink Purple Fuzz unscathed last evening ... ;)

I was wondering how some folks on TGP typically use their PPF and what settings they use...

Teahead
03-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Get a feel for the Nature control and what it does, then take it from there. Typically I use Nature at minimum for the biggest fuzz & most authentic fuzz face sound, putting Nature to around 2 o'clock cuts some lows and highs, for a nasal-ish tone. Nature at noon is bright and still tight in the low end.

stratman0602
03-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Get a feel for the Nature control and what it does, then take it from there. Typically I use Nature at minimum for the biggest fuzz & most authentic fuzz face sound, putting Nature to around 2 o'clock cuts some lows and highs, for a nasal-ish tone. Nature at noon is bright and still tight in the low end.

What level do u generally set the FUZZ control at?

Eskimo_Joe
03-01-2007, 08:11 AM
I adjust the knobs quite a bit, I find that most settings are usable in various contexts

Teahead
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
What level do u generally set the FUZZ control at?

Here, there and everywhere!

With most fuzz pedals, you find the sweet spots and leave it. This isn't the case with the PPF, the fuzz control sounds great and is usable at any setting, even near minimum.

For a fuzz face sound, max the fuzz, nature at min & vol to taste. Setting Nature & Fuzz to 2 o'clock gives a raunchy, Rangemaster type tone. Try cranking the vol, almost minimum fuzz and Nature to taste for a great boost.

JKoeth
03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
It is a phenomenal fuzz!!!! It has articulation through the entire frequency spectrum too. I am running mine at 18V and am floored by it lately.

Thor
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
It is a really amazing fuzz - haven't found a bad tone yet. Love it even more when I goose it with some OD. +1 on constantly adjusting the knobs. Definately not a "set and foget" kind of pedal.

Enjoy!

Edward

stratman0602
03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
when I goose it with some OD.

I guess its one of those rare Fuzzes that can be placed after an overdrive?

markom89
03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll give a big +1 to everything that has been said :) Very useable on all settings...

Thor
03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I have run several differnet types of OD (BBOD, EGDM, Eternity, Zen) in front of the PPF, and it hasn't minded any of them - I don't have them cranked, but the PPF responds well to being pushed. Has anyone else noticed this? As with all things TGP - YMMV.

Cheers,

Edward

stratman0602
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
run several differnet types of OD (BBOD, EGDM, Eternity, Zen) in front of the PPF, and it hasn't minded any of them

Cool ... I am anxious to see how it plays with my 'E' in front of it :cool: