PDA

View Full Version : Big ups to Jody @ PedalSnake!

bobgoblin
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I just wanted to say THANKS! to Jody & the folks at Stage Magic for a fantastic product. I know I just rec'd it, but so far, the custom PedalSnake I just ordered is pretty cool, & its definitely well built!

The Pedalsnake product intrigued me because it offered a quicker set-up/tear-down process by reducing the # cables into 1 bundled package. I chose an 8 "headed" Pedalsnake, that's 8 connectors on each end - 1 x 1/4" connector (board to amp), 2 x 1/4" TRS connectors (footswitch to amp), & 5 x MIDI3 connectors for plug & play manipulation. In addition, I ordered a package of stereo send/return 1/4" connectors (for the fx loop) & 2 x 9v power supply connectors (for two 1spot power supplies).

After a bit of shipping disorder, I received the Pedalsnake this week. The box was beat (Thanks UPS!), but the contents were in good shape. The bundled "snake" looks very sturdy, the ends, to my surprise, were very similar to the George L's cable I use to connect individual effects. Actually, since its MIDI3, its very similar to some of the computer cabling I've seen around the office - no surprise considering this technology was designed for use on the space shuttle!

Setting up was a breeze, everything is color-coded, so there's no "where was this supposed to go?" confusion (& it will stay hooked up on the pedalboard-end!). The entire thing sounds GREAT (& truth be told, I was a little worried about that considering it's not made of $5000 a foot cabling!) Long story short, I am VERY pleased with this product, the reduced set-up & tear-down process it affords, and the little extra time I now have to enjoy a beer before & after shows!

Seriously, though, the BEST thing about Jody & Stage Magic is the customer service! Jody took the time to answer all my questions, even though I asked them about a month apart (1st round in Nov/Dec & 2nd round in Jan). He even did a bit of research to make sure that he got the right connectors for my '83 Fender Concert II.

Cheers to Jody & Pedalsnake for offering such a great product!

whoismarykelly
03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
post a pic!

Em3m3
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I love the video on the site, it's pretty funny at the end. :D

bobgoblin
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
You'd like a pic of my PedalSnake? Well, I'll try to snap some later this weekend, but honestly, that's kind of a strange request!

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see about the cable? The MIDI3 ends? The hard-wired 1/4" connectors?

Let me know so I can get the right pics.

whoismarykelly
03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I dunno, just post a pic of your rig with one clean cable coming out. I thought the readymade ones seemed crappy but your custom one sounds decent. The way you describe it sounds different then I remember though so I just wanted to see a pic.

bobgoblin
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Coiled:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/elbobgob/Gig%20Rig/PedalSnake3.jpg

1 cable:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/elbobgob/Gig%20Rig/PedalSnake2.jpg

The board:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/elbobgob/Gig%20Rig/PedalSnake1.jpg

gomez1856
03-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Congrats. I absolutely love mine! Even with a full Wet / Dry rig that I sometimes play with, it's a breeze to set up. Two Amps lines, Effects Send / Return, Boost Pedal Cable, Master Volume engage pedal cable, AC Power for all my pedals......... all in one tidy cable.

They have really produced a great product!

I thought about getting the custom one, as it's got the ends that look much more sturdy, but having the quick disconnects makes it easy for me to switch from a standard one amp rig to the wet / dry with just a change of ends.

Rick

bobgoblin
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, mine's a hybrid PS, it has both hard-wired & plug 'n' play connectors. You are right though, its some sturdy stuff, I'm a happy guy!

DejavuDave
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
I use one of these as well whenever I need to run multiple lines between pedalboard/rack/amp. A great accessory!