PDA

View Full Version : Any Echolution owners yet???

BuddyPo'
03-04-2007, 08:02 AM
If so, please give the lowdown and any comparison if possible. Thanks, Buddy

echo unit
03-04-2007, 08:44 AM
I have it.

It's amazing. The way the feedback decays is incredibly awesome!

Tone is huge and left intact.

This is the best delay pedal ever made. Period.

It blows away the Toneczar and the Memory Lane. it's better than the EH Memory Man by a country mile and also better than all the Line 6 junk and the Maneco Looper stuff.

Anything you throuw at it will not stand up. The modulation is the best you will ever find in a pedal.

It sounds so analogue and tape like with the filter control rolled down.

I am one of the first people to use this pedal and I have had two of them.

It may take some time to get but David Koltai is good on his word of delivering the best echo/delay pedal made.

I think it's the best product that Pigtonix will ever make and it certainly has it's own posistion in the market. There ain't nothing like it.

Smokehouse
03-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Echo Unit

I am really interested in this pedal, but with the onset of new Delays coming out I am waiting at least until the Eventide TimeFactor is released before jumping in. I must say the Echolution is on top of my list right now. Are there any new clips out ? I prefer a warmer sounding delay... so is this unit it?

Thanks

markom89
03-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Those are some VERY brave/bold statements you're making there...

It blows away the Toneczar and the Memory Lane. it's better than the EH Memory Man by a country mile and also better than all the Line 6 junk and the Maneco Looper stuff.

Anything you throuw at it will not stand up. The modulation is the best you will ever find in a pedal.

chuck
03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Is there a waiting list?

BmoreTele
03-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Why are there no clips?

drolling
03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Those are some VERY brave/bold statements you're making there...Yup.. Those kind of superlatives make for zero credibility in my books..

And again - Why no clips????

OOG
03-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Echolution must be made by Bruno

therhodeo
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I have one. Better than any delay I've ever used. DMM, AD-9, Echo Park, DL-4, DD-20, and DD-3,5,6. I gigged with it last night and got lots of comments from some other musicians who were there. Great modulation, the multi tap function is one of the coolest features I've ever seen on a delay and the switching (mod to tap) is really easy to use.

mild
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Yup.. Those kind of superlatives make for zero credibility in my books..

And again - Why no clips????

I'll +1 to that. I'm all for raving on a peice of gear, but sorry - that post before sounded like a shill.

theanalogfuture
03-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Anything you throuw at it will not stand up.

I could respect that, if he's played them all. And it would not make any sense if it was someone else's gear he was playing through, or at a store. If it was the same rig he was using now (pedals, amp, guitar) THEN I could respect that.

That being said. GOD, I WANT ONE!

JKoeth
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM

Um...

Have you tried an Echoczar?!

drolling
03-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Um...

Have you tried an Echoczar?!How many in existence now? Maybe a dozen?

And Maneco too.. I've been trying to get my hands on a Filter Eko for years w/o success.

Such a load of hyperbole...

But I've gotta wonder why he's 'had' two of 'em. First one broke, maybe??

BmoreTele
03-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I had a Maneco Nanolooper 32. Excellent sounds with a lot of cool options.

But, I always felt like it wasn't going to work one day. Hand made, extremely complex wiring, shipped from Uruguay, weird foot switches. A brilliant piece of design and function, but closer to a prototype than a tried and tested production model.

The delay (sorry) in actually hearing clips of the Echolution, makes me wonder if it's still in prototype mode. When I consider that Dave Koltai made changes to the Pigtronix Envelope Phaser after 500 pedals had already been sold and when I track the time line on the promised delivery date of the Echolution, it seems like another great idea that will have a hard time living up to all the expectations.

JKoeth
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
How many in existence now? Maybe a dozen?

I've got #37. My guess is 50 or so. Ed might chime in.

Anyway, them's bold words, echo.

Monkeyboy23
03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=215803&highlight=echolution

Scroll down for the clip i posted a few weeks back. If Koltai ever sends my echolution back to me, I'll post a better clip.

It's an EMG loaded Musicman through the Echolution, an el-84 amp and a condenser mic.

BuddyPo'
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Bump

drfrankencopter
03-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Mine's due to show up next week or so...it took longer because it's the first one with a mod to put feedback on the expression pedal instead of delay time.

I'm pretty sure there's no clips because David Koltai has been hand assembling these things...working very much behind schedule. He's out of prototype mode but kinks in production/assembly still need to be ironed out before they can really strat cranking them out the door. As someone who's been waiting for the Echolution since October I'd rather see Mr. Koltai be committed to those who have already paid for an Echolution than worry about attracting more potential customers. Besides, he needs to work out a better method of production/assembly for the next batch...

Perhaps some kind Echolution owner will email Pigtronix some clips...

phallout, I'd be curious in how you'd compare/contrast the Echolution with the other delays you've owned.

Cheers,

Kris

Seegs
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
sure has a great feature set but...

how does it sound in bypass mode in front of your amp?

What about with a gainer going through it?

Does it hold together or mush out?

Reliability?

With so many features crammed in a box this has got to be a very complex pedal...

I'll wait a bit and see what the general consencious is...

the Echoczar sounds great and is built like a tank...gettin one is another ball of wax...

Chow,
Seegs

Chuck Snider
03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
what's the price on one of these?.. I'm interested....

gainiac
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm still waiting for mine..........

Dave is a good guy and has kept up his end of the communications.

I think he had an issue with a subcontractor and has ended up having to pick up the slack......

I'm expecting mine soon!

drolling
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
If Koltai ever sends my echolution back to me, I'll post a better clip.Did you send it back for mods or repair? I'm also still wondering why Mr. Echo's on his second echolution..

Are these pedals especially fragile/prone to breakage??

therhodeo
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
sure has a great feature set but...

how does it sound in bypass mode in front of your amp?

What about with a gainer going through it?

Does it hold together or mush out?

Reliability?

With so many features crammed in a box this has got to be a very complex pedal...

I'll wait a bit and see what the general consencious is...

the Echoczar sounds great and is built like a tank...gettin one is another ball of wax...

Chow,
Seegs

It sounds really good with dirt in front of it. It can handle a really hot signal. That was one of the first things I tested. The bypass is really good and the buffer really seems to liven my tone up. Its sounds like I'm playing guitar > 6' cable > amp, not guitar > 15' > 10 pedals > 15' > amp.

markom89
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
what's the price on one of these?.. I'm interested....

I think it's about $470...

therhodeo
03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
I think it's about $470...

Yep. Just to mention I havent notices any appreciable noise at all when the drive is set to unity. I did however notice that when you turn up the drive like any other gain device there is a rise in the noise floor. Not enough to bother me for sure but to each his own. Also if you're using the modulation you can here the noise swoosh if you have noise coming from your guitar or other pedals. I'm not saying that the pedal in question couldnt be noisy but there are alot of other things it could be too.

jzucker
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I have a different take on delay units. I had a TRex and Memory Lane for a while. Comparing the two, the ML had a much more tape-like vibe to it and I concluded that if I were doing '60s stuff and/or Hendrix Voodo Chile Slight Return I would want the ML. However, for general delay and particularly for Fusiony lead solos with high gain, I prefer the cleaner sound of the TRex and the DLS Echotap.

That's my $0.02

I am listed on the DLS website (required by TGP)

Monkeyboy23
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Did you send it back for mods or repair? I'm also still wondering why Mr. Echo's on his second echolution..

Are these pedals especially fragile/prone to breakage??

I had a feedback expression jack added so I can dub out when mixing.

tzamosti
03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Mine should arrive in a few days so I will post a comment when I get it!! Can't wait...it has been awhile in coming, but David has been really cool with communication. When I talk to him on the phone, he doesn't shut up about this thing. He is certaintly proud of his work!! A really nice guy who seems to be working really hard to get this out to his customers. Will give a review when I figure it out.

threm
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I have it.

It's amazing. The way the feedback decays is incredibly awesome!

Tone is huge and left intact.

It sounds so analogue and tape like with the filter control rolled down.

I am one of the first people to use this pedal and I have had two of them.

It may take some time to get but David Koltai is good on his word of delivering the best echo/delay pedal made.

I think it's the best product that Pigtonix will ever make and it certainly has it's own posistion in the market. There ain't nothing like it.
Just a word about where I'm coming from:
I've got five Manecoloopers, two modded AD900's w/expr pedals, MemLane, two DMM, DD/DD6 modded, two rehoused EM5 w/TB and effects loops, Echoczar, AD202 and E1010 (analog rack delays) , D-TWO, Korg SDD1200, SDD2000 and DL8000R, Bel80, Symetrix 606, two Lexicon Prime Times, tape delays ..

None of these sound or behave like the Echoczar. And the Echolution will be no different despite its features. The Echoczar is completely unique in what it does, how it behaves and must be played like an instrument and how it interacts with other pedals. Whether you like it or not that's another question.

I'd like to get the Echolution, the special features look cool. But from the soundclips it sounds kind of digital. Not talking about the 'tone' as such but the initial fast attack of the repeats that seems to come on like a digital delay. Maybe this can be tweaked for a softer/slower attack.

or ..
If the Echolution had an effects loops I could just add this to fix the thing

http://www.pigtronix.com/images/products/ASDR500real.jpg

btw
I have nothing against digital - I use two digital Ecoplex Pro besides the above stuff.
And the cheap digital EM5 is probably the most tape like delay pedal I have, analog or digital, especially if you put some warble in the effects loop.

threm
03-07-2007, 11:26 PM
ECHOLUTION

It's the best. Much better than the Toneczar. I just got rid of it when the Echolution made me fall in love all over again. This new girl is much hotter than the others!

Don't pay attention to the skeptics on the Echolution. It is a peice of art and serious peice of technology.

The feedback of the dleay sounds like the most haunting dark reverb when it decays if setting long feedback and when the tone is rolled off using the High Filter control.

It has a buffered input so your tone is intact 100%.

The Eventide Timefactor runs your guitar through the Eventide A/D convertors which make your guitar tone sound kind of glassy or shiny.

ECHOLUTION

Get on the wang list!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=223022

You never mentioned you had an Echoczar!

Seegs
03-08-2007, 12:00 AM
It sounds really good with dirt in front of it. It can handle a really hot signal. That was one of the first things I tested. The bypass is really good and the buffer really seems to liven my tone up. Its sounds like I'm playing guitar > 6' cable > amp, not guitar > 15' > 10 pedals > 15' > amp.

Thanx TR...those are some of the things that I like about the Echoczar the most as it really preserves your tone when on and off...its got tons of headroom and can handle anything you put in front of it...

with that and the feature set the Echolution is looking mighty good to these eyes...

Chow,
Seegs

JKoeth
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I will admit that the feature set on the Echolution looks great. It certainly seems innovative and very interesting.

The Echoczar is a totally different type of pedal IMHO. I enjoy the fact that it doesn't color my tone and has high headroom too (something my DMM didn't). It is 100% analog and has a feel like nothing else I've tried. It seems very alive and becomes an organic part of the sound.

Of course, I haven't tried the Pigtronix but I don't know that you can compare these two delays at all really. I mean no offense, but it seems to me that echo unit sounds like an ad. I can't imagine that he actually owned an Echoczar being that there are so few around. If he has, I'd be curious to know what number it was.

JKoeth
03-08-2007, 12:40 AM
I just realized that the Echolution has an integrated buffer circut which means I won't be interested in one. I have never found a buffer I liked and have tried the very best on the market. If it was defeatable, it would be another story.

tzamosti
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
So, I started fooling around with my Echolution today. For starters, it is definitely very cool. Need to fool around with it for a lot longer...but that being said, my initial impressions were definitely positive.

The multi-taps give it an edge over anything I have played before. Lets you add some complexity to leads or riffs. You can add up to 5 different multi-taps besides the normal delay. Crazy!! Reverse function is very cool, but couldn't be overused too much. Modulation is very nice. Overall, the sound is great...not completely analog sounding, but you can soften/darken the repeats and can add trails to the delay. Really full with medium or typical analog delay timings. Plugged my Mayo in and set it for solo delay times and it was a beast!!

Haven't figured out the Golden Ratio thing and need to play with the looping function, as well. Also, it is a little noisy. Even when off, it helps to turn down the blend knob b/c it creates white noise. A little annoying as I like to keep my rig as quiet as possible. But when its turned down, its quiet. Just add it in when needed.

Overall, I am really happy with it right now. For this price and my wait, I don't see it going anywhere too fast. At least not until I have it figured out!

Monkeyboy23
03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
The easiest way to hear the golden ratio effect is to turn the feedback up, loop a phrase and turn a few multi-taps on. Listen to the phrase. Then turn the phi switch on. The rhythmic pulse of the taps will smooth out (for lack of a better word).

I agree about the multi-taps. It's what makes this a Great Delay.

Mine was noisy in the effects loop but very quiet in front of the amp. The Echolution was a pre-production board though, I can't say for the production model. Koltai just changed my board out and put a production board in it, so I'll try it out again when I get the Echolution back from him this week. He modded my EP-1 as well...I'm itching to try them out.

Seegs
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
can anyone expand on the live looping capabilities...

how long is the max. recording/looping time and can you do overdubs etc.

will the max. looping time be upgradable...ie. like the Lexicon Jamman which was upgradable to 32secs....

for comparisons sake I used a Line6 DL4 and 23 seconds was just not enough...

Chow,
Seegs

Monkeyboy23
03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
It can loop the contents of the delay line, but it's not a looper. 20 seconds in tap tempo, 12 seconds in modulated, no overdubs. It's old school sample and hold looping. All of the multi-taps, etc. can be used on the loop while it's looping.

I would use it with a looper, but it's not a good substitute for a dedicated looper.

Seegs
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanx MB...I guess that was wishful thinking on my part...even then it still has a great feature set...

Chow,
Seegs