03-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm looking for a great chorus pedal. It must have the following:

Volume control of the chorus effect
Be full and lush.

Please recommend a good one or two.

Thanks

markom89
03-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Jeeze, I don't know how many have volume control, but, check out the Analog.Man bi-chorus anyways... it's a GREAT chorus pedal. I'm not 100% sure, but, maybe the Diamond Halo Chorus has a level/volume control.

Zero Point
03-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Also can't go wrong with a TC Electronic Chorus +. Costs more than most though.

Also the Boss CE-2 is good.

-Z

guitgator
03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Brother....I use an Ibanez Bi-mode chorus and it's more lush than a CE-2 is. A few more knobs to give you some range control. Here's some el cheapo on EBAY

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=ibanez+bi-mode+chorus

Be full and lush.

Thanks

shane210
03-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I LOVE my MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus. It's fantastic.

piby
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
TheFulltone Choralflange has a level control as well as a mix control (mix of dry/effect). So it's got that requirement covered better than most others. As far as full and lush goes, I like the way mine sounds, but you will get many different versions of what sounds full and lush. Theres some clips on the Fulltone site, probably more elsewhere.

Big Bob
03-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Brother....I use an Ibanez Bi-mode chorus and it's more lush than a CE-2 is. A few more knobs to give you some range control. Here's some el cheapo on EBAY

+1 I picked up one the other day. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Two LFOs! So it can do the random thing....kinda....its cool. Stereo is amazing!

LouRossi
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM

+1 ... The extra fast LFO on the 'A' is awesome:BEER

Roodyrocker
03-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Another one in the Choralflange camp here :AOK

lifeinsong
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
The Analogman Clone Chorus is extremely lush. I personally really like the old Arion SCH-1 pedal...very chewy chorus and vibrato sounds AND it has a tone control which really adds to it's versatility...nice faux leslie as well.

Twanger
03-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I love the TC Electronic SCF Stereo Chorus, it has an input control and it's very lush especially in stereo. The TC is quite transparent though, it's not as thick sounding as say a Boss CE-2. If you want a really thick sounding chorus this may not be the one for you.

I've never tried one personally but I keep reading great things about the Moollon Chorus. This one gives you volume control over both the dry and effected signals.

Both of these pedals a pretty pricey though...

Twanger
03-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Here's some info on the Moollon Chorus...

http://www.moollon.com/product/product_chorus_e.asp

orogeny
03-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm a fan of the Boss CE-5 myself. Effect level knob . . . . eq filters. Pretty lush, though there are others that are much more lush.

guitgator
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know what some players have against those 1985 era Ibanez pedals....I'm guessin' it's just the appearance appeal of the "9" series which came out the following year. I think they're the best bargain on EBAY...delays, chorus....they're all good pedals and you can get them for half of what folks want for the "9" series.

+1 I picked up one the other day. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Two LFOs! So it can do the random thing....kinda....its cool. Stereo is amazing!

sgguitarzz
03-04-2007, 07:46 PM
It mat not be boutique but the Digitech MultiChorus is a real nice and lush chorus pedal for a decent price.

Tweeker
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Be full and lush.

Thanks
I don't believe anyone has taken your "must have" requirement to heart.
Very few chorus pedals allow you to mix/blend the wet/dry mix, which I believe is what you're talking about.
The DLS Chorus~Vib is under the radar. It's versatile and quiet with a BLEND control that will let you dial in as much or as little chorus as you want.
You can BLEND ANY CHORUS pedal with a loop circuit that has a volume control like the Xotic X-Blender or cheaper yet, Barge Concepts Blend Bypass Looper: http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html

hungrymusician
03-05-2007, 03:37 AM
full and lush:good old boss ce-2.

Moe45673
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Boss CE-20. Like the highly touted Roland Cube 60, it may be a modeller, but play with it and you'll forget that factoid :AOK

Andre357
03-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Retro sonic chorus. IMHO it is the lushest chorus available. I've just about had em all.

Also it has a " level control ". You can go for unity gain or even boost your signal when you kick it in if you want.

It really is beautiful sounding. It's an analog choruse based on the old Roland CE -1, but much improved...

Evilmusician80
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I like subtle chorus mostly so i have a Carl Martin XII duel chorus ,great if u wanna change settings on the fly ! for more spacy stuff i have a Boss CE5 works for me cheers! Try some different ones and see what u like its all about your sound and personality !

Supertgtr
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I just picked up a Visualsound H20 chorus pedal. Wow. It's like Andy Summers in a box.

tmuka
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
My Monte Allums mod Boss CE-2 sounds fantastic! Really makes the guitar shimmery and thick!

soldersucker
03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Cheap and good? arion sch-z.My favourite?vintage ibanez cs-505

Junebug
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Love my Choralflange, especially in stereo.

radcliff
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Not to be spam.....but there are some Choralflanges for sale in the emporium....I'm sure one of the sellers could make a deal with you;)

LSchefman
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I've had the Boss, the TC, the Fulltone and now the Analogman Bi-Chorus.

The TC takes a little of the low end off. The Boss is nice, but kinda white bread. The Fulltone's great, and the Analogman's a little more vintage sounding.

Hope this helps.

Tripower455
03-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Analogman Clone Chorus.......

Soulgolem
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Retro sonic chorus. IMHO it is the lushest chorus available. I've just about had em all.

Also it has a " level control ". You can go for unity gain or even boost your signal when you kick it in if you want.

It really is beautiful sounding. It's an analog choruse based on the old Roland CE -1, but much improved...

Say I had both the CE-1 and Retro-Sonic at one point and thought the R-S clone was pretty close, but it lacked chewiness on the vibrato side and a little warmth on the chorus side compared to the Roland. Though I sold the Roland anyway because, well let's face it, it weighs 6 times the R-S one, not even getting into the size issue and tone suckage too... and the giant plug too !

Have you compared the R-S to the Halo ? I'm thinking if the Diamond Halo has a nice faux leslie - vibrato thing, I might trade my RS for one eventually. I use this setting a lot and an expression pedal can control it's rate so it's like having 2 presets and all the in-betweens. I'm really thinking about it, but I would really like comments from people that tried specifically both.

Oh and just my two cents, I own 2 Ce-5s and I find them harsh, really don't like them.

Francis.