PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Simulator and Square Wave Choppy Tremolo in one box?

tinkercity
03-08-2007, 08:17 PM
So I'm looking for one pedal that can emulate a Leslie rotating speaker and do a good on/off square wave choppy tremolo sound. Does anything out there in pedal land offer this other than the Line 6 MM-4? I've heard bad things about reliability and sound. I actually think that I owned one when they first came out and don't remember much about it!:D Shows you how much of a gearhead I am!

Anyway, would love to hear your comments. If anything, recommend seperate pedals that would do the sound it's justice...Though I would love to get it in one box. I've got too much on the old pedalboard!

Thanks ya'll!
Mike.

tinkercity
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I may have answered my own thread/question...Anyone know much about the Gig-Fx Chopper pedal...It's price/usage/tone etc...

Here's the link: http://www.gig-fx.com/products/Chopper/chopper.htm

Thanks!
Mike.

lukeII
03-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Try Roger Mayer Voodoo vibe

TheFlash
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Maybe look into a zoom g2 with all the amp/cab stuff turned off? I've heard some people who like using it as just a multi-modulation pedal.

tinkercity
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Keep em' coming if you can...

tedw
03-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Bonnamassa plugged the discontinued korg g4 as the best leslie simulator awhile back, I couldn't find one tho.

tinkercity
03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I did hear about the Korg. Didn't Charlie Hunter use one at one point as well? I've heard the Arion SH-1 and didn't think it did the Leslie sound much justice. It sounded too much like a chorus to me. I would love to find something that had a great Tremolo and a Leslie in one box, but I just don't think it's out there. Even the Gig-FX Chopper quotes it to saying their Leslie isn't perfect. I may be chasing my tail again....

I appreciate the help though. Keep it coming.

Madsman
03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
You can hear the Chopper on 10,000 Days/Wings For Marie on Tool's 10,000 Days album. It's pretty awesome, if you use 2 amps live.

tinkercity
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
That's the thing though...I use one DRRI and wouldn't use the full stereo capability....I think maybe I just have to go with a good trem and a good leslie pedal...

tinkercity
03-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Saturday bump

BmoreTele
03-10-2007, 01:25 PM
The RTZ Audio Vibezilla is close. Univibe plus tremolo. Doesn't look like square wave tremolo though.

The RM Voodoo Vibe is my #1 univibe pedal and the tremolo is excellent, but you can't run both effects simultaneously, and the tremolo won't do a hard chop.

http://www.rtzaudio.com/vibezilla.asp

tinkercity
03-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks...I have a Mojo-Vibe already though...