PDA

View Full Version : Noise suppressor

DavidG
03-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Need advice on the best 'bang for buck' noise suppressor/gate that actually, works. Thanks

dmbandtimmy
03-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I have an ISP Decimator. Works pretty well. I bought it from a dealer that frequents HC. Free shipping and the lowest price I could find plus great service. His name was DerekB, but I can't remember his online store. Hope that helps! :dude

ReddRanger
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
+1 for the ISP. I've tried a bunch and this one is the best. Run this in the effects loop of a high gain amp, and you'll really clean things up.

There is a sweet spot to the ISP. Dial it up too much and you'll choke your tone. A little goes a long way on this pedal.

Roodboy
03-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Derek is at Rocksolidamps. I bought a isp prorackg from him, he had the best price.

iggs
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
+1 on the ISP.

Moe45673
03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
+1 on the ISP as well. Simply great.

Though the Boss NS-2 isn't too far behind

jbylake
03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Need advice on the best 'bang for buck' noise suppressor/gate that actually, works. Thanks
I use an ISP Decimator pedal, that sit's in the effects channel of my amp.
I've had an MXR noise gate, and a Hush Rack mount, the noise gate started clipping notes way before removing noise, and the Hush unit worked great, but required constant tweaking. ISP also makes a Rack Unit version, but I have no experience with that, so can't comment. The ISP has one knob. Very easy to use. I've known quite a few people who have these, and have only met one person, so far, that didn't like it. (He never gave a reason why, so I'm not sure what it was that he did and didn't like about it). Works great, especially for noisey single coils. I think they go for about 100 bucks on the street.

j.:AOK

DavidG
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys. ISP Decimator it is!

DavidG
03-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I got my ISP Decimator pedal in friday, and gigged with it sat night. You guys were right...it works great! Bought it from Humbucker music, great service too. Thanks a bunch!