PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Redhead beta-testing Eventide Timefactor

pear gage
05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Greetings, I am eagerly awaiting this stomp box as are many of you and I'm desperate for any info I can find and I stumbled upon this little sneak preview blog by a sweetwater guy who spent some time with a prototype. There really isn't much technical info and no soundclip!?!? But he mentions some artists are giving feedback and seems like they're still making adjustments. Anyway he mentions Blonde Redhead used it on Conan last week.

If anybody else has any info about the eventide stomp boxes (especially whether they retain a dry anolog throughput) please share, Thanks.

http://rontech.blogspot.com/

mild
05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Now THAT is what I call a great first post. :)

Great reading. Thanks for that!

john
05-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow, that thing looks amazing. Wonder what the price will be.

john

BmoreTele
05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
$399

pear gage
05-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I pre-ordered one from an online retailer when they were having a $10 off every $100 sale (why don't they just say 10% off?) so I got it for $360 after buying picks to put the total over since it was a penny under at $399.99(ah that's why not a simple 10% those clever bastards made me buy more!) still I'd be a fool not spend a couple of dolars to save $10.

john
05-29-2007, 10:38 PM
What online retailer did you buy it from?

john

pear gage
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I ordered from the love to hate Musicians Freind so I'll have a chance to try it out for a few weeks and have the ability to send it back if I'm not satisfied. I notice they still list it on the site as arriving 5/31 but last week they emailed me saying 8/8.

So I guess nobody else has any more info or secret insider knowledge or even unfounded rumors and speculation?

Soulgolem
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Honestly I want one now :P

But seriously now, I really want those two stompboxes they'll be making but august ??? ... Sucks for my situation.

theinteriorleag
05-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I missed Blonde Redhead, doh! Great band.

bobe
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Dudes, check out the link. I found a few more videos on u-tube. I'm pleased to report I'm on Sweetwater's waitlist for both pedals. I made that decision before ever listening to any samples of the pedals. Correction, I did listen to samples from Eventides web site. Will give a review when they get here.

Bob E.

http://www.gearwire.com/eventide-wnamm.html

duende
05-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Greetings, I am eagerly awaiting this stomp box as are many of you and I'm desperate for any info I can find and I stumbled upon this little sneak preview blog by a sweetwater guy who spent some time with a prototype. There really isn't much technical info and no soundclip!?!? But he mentions some artists are giving feedback and seems like they're still making adjustments. Anyway he mentions Blonde Redhead used it on Conan last week.

If anybody else has any info about the eventide stomp boxes (especially whether they retain a dry anolog throughput) please share, Thanks.

http://rontech.blogspot.com/

Word is that they DO NOT retain a true analog throughput. Dry signal is sampled and mixed digitally with effected signal. I know... bummer

Check out the timeline from Damage Control

starfish
05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
On one hand I really wish they wouldn't monkey with the dry signal. As long as the timeline keeps getting pushed back, why not keep the dry signal analog? Makes perfect sense to me. As it is, I doubt we'll see one of these until late in the year. I think August is wishful thinking.

On the other hand, The H3000's I've owned sounded stellar even with sampled dry signal. So maybe we're making much ado about nothing. :o

john
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Yikes, only a 12 second looper?!?

john

KRosser
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Word is that they DO NOT retain a true analog throughput. Dry signal is sampled and mixed digitally with effected signal. I know... bummer

Why 'bummer'? Every Eventide unit I've heard sounds amazing.

duende
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Some people prefer to have their analog signal pure all the way to the amp's input. Going through ad->da conversion adds digital artifacts, not to mention a small delay that occurs for processing.

For my self, it is completely unacceptable to play through a digital conversion. Also, I haven't been crazy about Eventide's convertors for some time now. Every since the H4000 they've not been up to par in my book. But to each his own.

However with that said, I saw a friend of mine gig with an Eclipse recently, and it sounded pretty good, so maybe the newer convertors Eventide is employing are getting better.

starfish
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
While I agree that an analog dry signal would be desirable, I disagree with the notion that the Eventide converters pre-Eclipse were somehow inferior. While I can't comment on the 4000 series, the H3000 series converters are stellar. In fact many have noted that they sound better than the Eclipse converters. But again, I'd prefer an unprocessed dry signal too. We'll have to see how good the ad/da is on these.

duende
06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
While I agree that an analog dry signal would be desirable, I disagree with the notion that the Eventide converters pre-Eclipse were somehow inferior. While I can't comment on the 4000 series, the H3000 series converters are stellar. In fact many have noted that they sound better than the Eclipse converters. But again, I'd prefer an unprocessed dry signal too. We'll have to see how good the ad/da is on these.

Ha! Exactly my friend. The H3000 were great, as were the H3500... after that they went downhill imo...

mild
07-16-2007, 11:26 PM
... Anyway he mentions Blonde Redhead used it on Conan last week.

For those interested, here is the performance in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhd3kll2fg

It sounds like a DL4-styled delay box to me... other than that, not a whole lot to be gleaned from this clip.