PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Sound Mofaux Vibe pedal from Analogman.......AWESOME, just awesome !!

BryanMatthews
06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
I cannot put in words to you how much I hate Chorus and Flanging guitar fx , those metallic sounding notes just do my head in.

Today I received a box from Analogman containing a Sweet Sound Mofaux Vibe pedal and I just love it to bits. The immediacy of good tone is unmissable , there is no tweaking and adjusting .........its just one knob and its "there" from the word go. I played Riviera Paradise (SRV) using it and I was just sitting smiling like a Cheshire cat , I played some Pink Floyd and the Vibe pedal sounds incredible, I cranked up the drive and played a host of ZZ Top Boogie and man the tone is there , you just cannot get a bad sound out of the Mofaux Vibe. Its the size of a mxr dynacomp and has just one control knob, its also 100% true bypass and interferes with the signal not one bit and takes up minimal space on a pedal board.

It has 99% of the sounds of a true vibe unit like a sweet sounds mojo vibe which costs a whole lot more , for $150.00 its a keeper for sure, not too many pedals I can say that I couldnt get a bad tone out of.

If you think chorus/flanging sucks and is too clanky sounding, you could do a hell of a lot worse than a sweet sound mofaux vibe unit.

http://www.supersoundmusic.com/sweet/mofauxsm.jpg

My one is white with purple control knob and graphics ,its an Analog pedal and has none of those sterile digital nasties , I couldnt recommend it highly enough to you.

Bryan

Funky Monkey
06-20-2007, 10:42 AM
+Infinity. :D
These are fantastic vibe pedals...best I've tried. I've got a Mojo Pro half-rack unit on order, but I don't think the MoFaux will go anywhere.

Phil M
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I loved the Mofaux. For the measly $95 or so that I got for it, I should've just kept mine.

zzzezums
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
does it sound different than the Lovepedal Magicboy?

gitpicker
06-20-2007, 11:13 AM
It sounds a lot different from the Lovepedal. The Mo Faux will get you very close to the classic Uni-Vibe tone, while the Lovepedal sounds like... well it doesn't really sound like anything else. It kind of has its own "vibe" going on - more highs, less mids, with a ton of throb available.

cbpickin
06-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm happy for you that it does what you want. I have the Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe and I got a Mo Faux in an attempt to scale down the real estate the Mojo takes up. I couldn't do the swap and ended up selling the Mo Faux.
It really can't do what the Mojo does to my ears. It is not as lush and the throb is not as deep and full. It is a cool box for the cash, but since I already had the Mojo, it was really not a fair fight no matter how many times I compared them.
Again, that's great that it works for you! We all have different needs, ears, tastes, etc. Enjoy!:AOK

BryanMatthews
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
absolutely dude, its not a genuine true vibe unit, it just doesnt have that final vibeness that only a 100% vibe unit can produce. What it does have is just one control and thats just what I like , it goes 99% of the way a true vibe goes and the icing on the cake is just how darned musical and warm it sounds. for $150.00 , its such good value its bordering on the ridiculous. Im sure that mojo unit kicks major league ass too dude.

Bryan

polifemo
06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Iīve got one and I really dig the sound, but the input is a bit oversensitive, distorting if I use humbuckers (which I usually donīt ;) ) or if I place a cleanboost in front of it.
Have you noticed the same problem?

BryanMatthews
06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Iīve got one and I really dig the sound, but the input is a bit oversensitive, distorting if I use humbuckers (which I usually donīt ;) ) or if I place a cleanboost in front of it.

no, mine sounds just fine to my ears.

Bryan

Funky Monkey
06-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Not disputing that, but I've personally never encountered it. I use P-90's (though fairly hot) and my boost is always placed after it.

I've actually had three Mo Faux pedals...two original black (sold one when I went down to one board and one was recently stolen) and a blue Donnerbox charity auction that I won. And I have used humbuckers with them in the past, just not now. Regardless, no trouble at all with the input distorting on any of them.

polifemo
06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
So thereīs a problem with just my unit then...
What can one do about it?

Hendrix99
06-20-2007, 04:34 PM
So thereīs a problem with just my unit then...
What can one do about it?

Contact Bob Sweet through sweetsound.com, top notch customer service.

greggorypeccary
06-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I got one of these last month myself. For some reason I started GASing for a vibe pedal, probably from hanging out here! I'm sure I could get a better sounding vibe, but from looking around I'd have to spend at least 2x as much. For as little as I use pedals this fit the bill!