PDA

View Full Version : Function of the switch on Keeley rat mod?

Patch
07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Doesn't seem to do much on my Keeley modded rat:confused:

Anybody knows what it's suppose to do?

mfgobbi
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
The King is Naked!!!

Doesn't seem to do much on my Keeley modded rat:confused:

Anybody knows what it's suppose to do?

arcarsenal72
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Vintage Rat (right)
Phat Rat (left)
Mighty Mouse/Overdrive (middle)

http://www.robertkeeley.com/manuals/rat_3_way_mod.pdf

Patch
07-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Vintage Rat (right)
Phat Rat (left)
Mighty Mouse/Overdrive (middle)

http://www.robertkeeley.com/manuals/rat_3_way_mod.pdf

Thanks!:dude

enickma
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Really ? Mine are huge differences .... All 3 sound flavorful, and I like the phat rat setting over the vintage mode. The mighty mouse middle switch is a massive boost. Maybe yours has a defect ?

Patch
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Maybe yours has a defect ?

That's what I think...

E-Rock
07-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, pretty big difference.
Mighty Mouse mode into a Bassman is sick :)

Steve Foley
07-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Mine makes a pretty big difference, as well. The mid setting is a "little" cleaner and crisper, the left louder, and more compressed, with more umchucks, the right is more vintage rat, but a little more character. Left is louder of the three settings, given the same knob orientations....
El Steve-0

Patch
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Here's what I found:
Yes, there should be a huge difference when the pedal is set to half-way or medium type settings. If you have the volume set very low or high, or in particular the distortion set to any extreme, then you may not notice.
Thanks,
Robert Keeley

My pedal works fine. I was using it with distorsion at low setting and volume at high. :jo

Steve Foley
08-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Here's what I found:
Yes, there should be a huge difference when the pedal is set to half-way or medium type settings. If you have the volume set very low or high, or in particular the distortion set to any extreme, then you may not notice.
Thanks,
Robert Keeley

My pedal works fine. I was using it with distorsion at low setting and volume at high. :jo

Right on! I was wondering if your ears were going out on you, because mine really, and I mean REALLY, sounds different at the different toggles.

El Steve-0

hbentley
08-11-2007, 03:48 PM
can the keeley get the big box rat sounds? i owned one a while back and forgot. i used a big box rat in the studio a little bit last week and really enjoyed it.