PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 POD for recording

muff77
05-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi

I see that the Line 6 POD XT and X3 has a USB port. Is it possible to record guitars by just plugging straight into my Mac using GarageBand or Logic or do I need some kind of sound interface/external soundcard to balance the sound/volume? Is it also possible to hook up a microphone to the POD and record vocals and acoustic guitars?

Thanks!

joachiml
05-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Hi

I see that the Line 6 POD XT and X3 has a USB port. Is it possible to record guitars by just plugging straight into my Mac using GarageBand or Logic

Yes.

or do I need some kind of sound interface/external soundcard to balance the sound/volume?

No.

Is it also possible to hook up a microphone to the POD and record vocals and acoustic guitars?

Thanks!

Don't know about that one - could check when I get home from work, but I suspect someone will beat me to it.

muff77
05-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks!

The X3 seems to have the ability to record acoustically but I don't know about the XT. I guess if it's possible to record guitar straight into the Mac without an interface one can just as easily record acoustically... or have I misunderstood?

The reason I'm wondering about the PODs and not the TonePort is because I have an option to buy a POD.

JimH
05-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Is it also possible to hook up a microphone to the POD and record vocals and acoustic guitars?

Of course - yes, it's just a preamp after all. Getting a tone you like will be a matter of experimentation and of course you'll need the mic to be 1/4" jack, but apart form that you definitely can - I've used mine for banjo.

muff77
05-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Of course - yes, it's just a preamp after all. Getting a tone you like will be a matter of experimentation and of course you'll need the mic to be 1/4" jack, but apart form that you definitely can - I've used mine for banjo.

Cool! Thanks!