PDA

View Full Version : Converting an Esquire into a Telecaster

jcmark611
05-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Is there really any point in doing that in this day and age?

Can you get all the tones from the pickup switch if you have two pickups or does it just become a pickup selector?

bluesrules
05-22-2008, 06:22 AM
The world doesn't need more Esquire's turned into Telecasters, but he other way around is fine.

With the ways to wire up the switch these day's it's still possible to have a Full-on Esquire bridge sound on a Tele. With the use of a 3 or 4 way switch, individual tastes apply!

shuie
05-22-2008, 06:37 AM
I just changed one of my teles to an Esquire using a wiring scheme that replaces the bassey rhythm position with the pickup wired straight through to the jack. I love it. I couldn't believe how much even just the single volume pot was taking away from the pickup.

Blue4Now
05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Not sure I completely understadn your question. Are you askign if you can get all the tones from an Esquire that you can from a Tele? I would say no. You can't really get a Tele neck pickup sound out of an Esquire. But then again the esquire is an amazing animal in it's own right.

Polynitro
05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Not having a big magnet under the strings makes a difference for sure.

Polynitro
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
I just changed one of my teles to an Esquire using a wiring scheme that replaces the bassey rhythm position with the pickup wired straight through to the jack. I love it. I couldn't believe how much even just the single volume pot was taking away from the pickup.

Diagram? I want to do something similar and just have the bridge position only go direct to the jack and bypass the volume but I can't figure it out. (The vol is on the common lug so every position gets it)