PDA

View Full Version : BYOC Analog Chorus vs. Analog.man Chorus vs. EHX Small Clone?

AqueousView11
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM
These three are all very similar choruses, so I was wondering how they stacked up with each other. Specifically, I was wondering how the BYOC compares to the Analog.man?

AqueousView11
07-02-2008, 09:12 AM
bump

AqueousView11
07-02-2008, 08:08 PM
anyone?

VintageToneGuy
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I can't do a comparison; but I hate to see a thread go unresonded to:(

I can say a good word about BYOC pedals. I've built three now: Triboost, OptiComp & Overdrive. They are quality pedals and very comparible to other higher end boutique pedals that I've played. The components are high quality. The TB reminds me of the Keeley Java Boost; the Opticomp reminds me of my old Maxon CP101 and my OD reminds me of many good Tubescreamer style pedals that I've owned and paid alot more for.

That being said; I've owned several of AM's stuff including the Chorus and it's very, very good. The only other chorus that is on the same level is the RetroSonic Chorus ensemble which sounds incredible!

The EH Small Clone Chorus is as good a chorus as you can find for less than $100 new. I've had two of them in years past and they sound very, very good also.

I guess it depends alot on your budget. To list them in order of my favorite: Retro-Sonic, Analogman, Small Clone , BYOC (Remember, I've never tried the BYOC but their other stuff is real good).

vtg

jamison162
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
If you're looking in the price range of the AM stuff, also consider the Maxon CS-550 (used) and the Retro-Sonic. Both of these are top of the class.

AqueousView11
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Is the BYOC based on the small clone circuit?

Loud Librarian
07-04-2008, 03:46 PM
If you're looking in the price range of the AM stuff, also consider the Maxon CS-550 (used) and the Retro-Sonic. Both of these are top of the class.

Just got the Retro Sonic, love it. The two speed options are very useful, ala the analogman bichorus. The tone is on the darker side though, which I like, but may not work for your situation.

psquared
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I've had both the AM and BYOC and my impression was that they were VERY similar, especially at the rotary speaker type of tone.

4styx
07-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Is the BYOC based on the small clone circuit?

Yes,so is the Analogman.