PDA

View Full Version : Fuchs Verbrator

bilbal
01-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well.

Is the Verbrator basically a "dumblator, Klein-ulator, Bludo loop-a-lator" in that it does the same thing that they do but for much, much less dough? Also, how would other effects (from a pedalboard) now be introduced to the rig? Do they too have to be put through the effects loop or can they now be used in front of the amp?

Thanks,
Bill

LVC
01-11-2009, 06:47 AM
combination dumblelator and reverb.

Killer reverb on the unit.

here is a link to Premier Mag and thread

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Fuchs_Announces_New_Plush_Pedals_for_2009.aspx

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=5229166&postcount=1

bilbal
01-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks LVC, I was going to send you a pm directly but I saw that you weren't on line last night so I decided to just go ahead and post a thread. Thanks for the reply.

Let me ask, did you get a chance to add other effects to the rig when you had the Verbrator proto? I'm wondering if effects can be used in front of the amp or if you [personally] think you get better quality by adding them all into the effects loop now that there's a "buffer" of sorts. I dig the addition of reverb. It kinda kills two birds with one stone you know? Basically, I'm thinking it will take the place of a "Dumblator" type device and an expensive studio reverb rack piece like a TC 2290, essentially eliminating the need for a separate rack. I'm sure, knowing Andy's work, the reverb will be studio quality and then some.

Thanks,
Bill
EDIT: I'm also wondering if it will help with the effects loop of my SLO.

LVC
01-11-2009, 09:03 AM
It is designed to replace the expensive dumbulator and an external reverb unit.

You plug in your external effects (such as delay which can sit on your pedalboard) into Verbrator the same way you would plug into the loop of an amp with an active loop.

No need for racks with the Verbrator --- can all sit on your board

Couple of big differences, the Fuchs unit has to the rack units and other pedal style units

1) built in killer reverb
2) can run in either series or parallel modes

Fuchsaudio
01-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Hey Bill: Thanks for the interest. LVC, thanks for helping.

The Verbrator can be used a few different ways:

1) As a loop (in a passive loop on an existing amp). The loop is virtually identical to the ODS loop (series/parallel, pedal or rack level signals).

In this case you get a buffered unity gain send (like when your amp has a loop), and a gain boost with level control on the return end. This means an amp with a passive loop (Bludo, Dumble, Brownnote, Ceriatone, Two-Rock, Marshall, etc) can run tubed or solid state outboard effects without loading effects. The Verbrator can sit on top of the amp, and runs off a 9-V outboard power supply (supplied). The tube runs at a full 300-V, due to a switching power supply, so it's essentially the same as the rack mount units a few guys sell, with the benefit of a great internal reverb. It can be mounted in a rack on a rack shelf or the bottom of your rack, or stuck to the top of a rack effect on velcro. A rack unit is being contemplated for production. A custom rack version can be built to order currently.

2) Through an active loop adding a reverb to a non-reverb amp (while maintaining loop connections). Since many people simple want to add reverb to an amp (not an elaborate rack of stuff) I expect this to be the most common use. The reverb has variable decay, so it can go from short pan, to the average long pan, to a full hall, with the twist of the knob.

3) As a reverb pedal on a pedalboard. Simple in and out connections (last device on the way back to the amp) adds reverb to your pedal board, into a clean amp.

4) As a "utility pedal". Since it has a buffer and a gain stage, and they can be used independently, you can use the Vebrator to buffer a cable run, to add some gain to a pedalboard etc. As a buffer/booster, you would not use the reverb function.

BTW: first run is pretty-much already sold out (spoken for by dealers). Shipments are finally underway. Next run starting post-NAMM, once we know the approximate new-order count. Dealers will (however) hold a slot for a reasonable deposit...And yes Bill: Others do less, and cost more...

bilbal
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Cool Thank you Andy and LVC for the info. I get it now.

As far as my pedalboard goes...Fuchs Valve, Pure Gain (on order), MK 4.23, Boss T-Wah, delay, vibe, chorus, etc... can I just keep it in front of my amp while I run the Verbrator on top of it thru the effects loop? Or, would I now want to run everything through the loop of the Verbrator? Is this just back to personal preference as in whether or not I like my effects in the loop or in front?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate your help,
Bill

Fuchsaudio
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Bilbal: Obviously, if you have a loop, that's the ideal place for the Verbrator. If you are running a clean amp, it can be the last device on the pedal board as well. I'd suggest trying both ways, to decide which suits your setup the best. Thanks for the interest !

joellegros
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Just wondering if this will bring the line level send from the Soldano SLO tube series fx loop down to instrument level so that you can use this with instrument level pedals. I'm also interested in using it in the loop. I'm debating between this and the kleinulator or a red plate. The nice thing about the Fuchs is the ability to go parallel. I like that a lot, because the other two do not do that. I also found these dumblator clones, but unfortunately they don't make them anymore. They look amazing check them out. http://www.flexamp.com/english/flexloop_overview.html

Bill, it seems that you and I have the same taste in gear. I own and SLO as well as a MK 4.23 boost. Where do you put you're boost? In front or in the loop?

Fuchsaudio
01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
The Verbrator (r) will adjust levels up and down to pedal and/or line levels on both send and return.

tambokgt
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
I met Andy and saw the verbrator at last years LA Amp show. Its an awesome pedal. I'm getting one...now problem is where to buy one.....hmmmm.

Fuchsaudio
01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
They have gone out to many dealers in the last few weeks. There's a steady flow (finally) leaving the shop these days. Drop an e-mail, we can tell you what dealers may have stock.

Fuchsaudio
06-16-2009, 07:37 AM
They are shipping regularly, so if your dealer doesn't have one, yell at him !!!

af

In Tune
06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Where is the new one????????????????:FM :dunno

cbpickin
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Will the "Good Verbrations" be shipping soon also?

Fuchsaudio
06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes, shipments have started.

windfeld
06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I have written to a lot of shops, and I just can't find any "good verbration" pedals... hmm

GAT
08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I just ordered the Verbrator from Music Toyz and it ships today. Can't wait, I saw Herring use one and was floored by how a reverb can become an instrument!

GAT
08-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Got the Verbrator today and ran it through the loop on the 20th Ann. Bogner XTC. Wow! It actually sounds like a REAL reverb and has zero tone suck/alteration to the tone, except that it adds reverb!

Kudos to Fuchs!

I haven't plugged anything into the loop of the unit, not sure what I would use that for.

Fuchsaudio
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
THANKS !!!!

GAT
08-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey Andy, nice job!!

What do you envision running through the loop?

Fuchsaudio
08-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Delays, chorus', processors etc. seem to work well.

sutherland
08-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Got the Verbrator today and ran it through the loop on the 20th Ann. Bogner XTC. Wow! It actually sounds like a REAL reverb and has zero tone suck/alteration to the tone, except that it adds reverb!

Kudos to Fuchs!

I haven't plugged anything into the loop of the unit, not sure what I would use that for.

Were you running this straight in or through the effects loop? I have a single channel amp without an effects loop and have been struggling to find a decent verb.

B_of_H
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
This guy makes me want to buy everything fuchs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7pAVMCruQY

GAT
08-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Were you running this straight in or through the effects loop? I have a single channel amp without an effects loop and have been struggling to find a decent verb.

Yes, but I'll try in front of the amp too because I may use it in my Bradshaw rack system. I'll let you know.

Fuchsaudio
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM

FWIW:

I would consider a Good Verbrations, if you plan on (only) front of amp use.
Cheaper, simpler, battery operation, same reverb circuit.

NewarkWilder
08-09-2009, 03:35 PM
well I suppose I should have searched for this thread before starting my other one!

since my fender has no FX loop if i can actually use this for delays and such too that is pretty damned cool.

hmm.

i know the whole goal here is authentic reverb, but since i've alresdy got classic fender spring verb onboard the amp would it make any sense at all to put, say, an RV-5 in the loop for some modulated delay? or an RRR for halls or plates? ya know? or would verb-in-verb just be a total washout?

sutherland
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
FWIW:

I would consider a Good Verbrations, if you plan on (only) front of amp use.
Cheaper, simpler, battery operation, same reverb circuit.

Andy, what is the Good Verberations based on? Spring, Hall, Sprall, Hring?!?

Fuchsaudio
08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Andy, what is the Good Verberations based on? Spring, Hall, Sprall, Hring?!?

Since it's fully variable in decay, yes, to all the above....lol.

Newark Wilder: You may want to consider having a simple passive loop added to your amp, then plug the Verbrator through that.

NewarkWilder
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Newark Wilder: You may want to consider having a simple passive loop added to your amp, then plug the Verbrator through that.

alright, thanks!

delay and other 'verb hits the front end of the Fender without much of a problem or anything but I've always been curious if it would make a whole lot of difference in a loop.

JoeB63
08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I just ordered a Verbrator to use in the (evidently, half-buffered) loops of my Two Rocks.

Since both of my amps have reverb already, I'm not sure if I'll use the Verbrator verb. I really bought it to be able to successfully run long cables from my amps to my pedal board. So I'll be putting the Verbrator on top of the amp itself.

I also have another amp that has a nice buffered effects loop, but no reverb. I'll see how the Verbrator gets along with that amp.

Andy, I assume that if you don't use the verb than the signal is not A/D/A coverted, right? And in general, even if you do use the verb, the dry signal is always analog, right? (I probably should have asked these questions before I ordered it).

Fuchsaudio
08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
The analogue signal path in the Verbrator and tube-FX-loop is fully analogue input to output. The reverb is mixed "side-chain" to the analogue signal path, and does not compromise the sound quality of the dry signal in any way. The a/b conversion and d/a conversion occur only in the reverberated circuit. This the same way our amp loops and reverbs are designed, for maximum signal purity.

JoeB63
08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
The analogue signal path in the Verbrator and tube-FX-loop is fully analogue input to output. The reverb is mixed "side-chain" to the analogue signal path, and does not compromise the sound quality of the dry signal in any way. The a/b conversion and d/a conversion occur only in the reverberated circuit. This the same way our amp loops and reverbs are designed, for maximum signal purity.

Very good, thanks. I look forward to getting it.

One last question: I have a pedalsnake cable that I use that has a 9v cable in it. Can I power the verbrator with the PP2+ on my pedalboard? If I could, I wouldn't have to worry about bringing the Verbrator's power adapter to gigs.

Fuchsaudio
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
The Verbrator does pull some serious current, as pedals go. Alot depends on the power supply you are using. It does need about 250 to 300 MA for both the tube filament (which is most of the current) and the switching power supply. I'd say try it...As long as polarity and voltage is correct (9-V only), you can't harm the pedal.

Ed Alvarado
09-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I picked up a Verbrator at Wild West Guitars Saturday and I was blown away!!! I've only tried it in the loop of my Brown Note D'lite 44 as yet but what a difference, really warms up the tone and the reverb is fantastic! Thanks Andy!

Fuchsaudio
09-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I picked up a Verbrator at Wild West Guitars Saturday and I was blown away!!! I've only tried it in the loop of my Brown Note D'lite 44 as yet but what a difference, really warms up the tone and the reverb is fantastic! Thanks Andy!

Thank you kindly sir.

:D

tylerfreak
05-20-2010, 01:49 AM
SOLD!

Fuchsaudio
08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
UPDATE: The Tube FX loop is a Verbrator sans the reverb board, and saves you about $ 50.00.

A Stereo Verbrator is in the works.................twice as more gooder. :)

merkaba22
03-24-2013, 11:57 AM
UPDATE: The Tube FX loop is a Verbrator sans the reverb board, and saves you about $ 50.00.

A Stereo Verbrator is in the works.................twice as more gooder. :)

Any news on the stereo unit?

Fuchsaudio
03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Stereo Verbrator possibly later this year. We've been pretty backed up with other projects. It seems to be of limited consumer interest. If enough folks were interested, we could do it as a limited custom run...would you want a Tube FX loop in stereo, or the Verbrator in stereo ?

;)

merkaba22
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Tube FX series/parallel loop in stereo with option to be footswitchable mono with separate output levels to used as a boost, etc. ...