PDA

View Full Version : Best Analog Octave Pedal

Wheeler004
01-31-2009, 08:14 AM
I've got a Micro POG, but I'm considering moving to an analog octave pedal. What I really would like is something that tracks as well as digital, but with the warmth of analog. I'm not sure if there is anything like that out there, but I thought I would ask. Anyone?

wingwalker
01-31-2009, 08:16 AM
A digital octave will almost always track better than an analog unit but I have to say that my Octron tracks amazingly well and sounds killer! As an added bouns it has one of the best octavia sounds on there on top of the sub octave.

Cheebatone
01-31-2009, 08:19 AM
Pearl made a one-down, two-up analogue octaver in the 80's. It's a brilliant pedal if you can find one. One of those and a decent Leslie simulator and full-on Hammond B3 impressions are a piece of cake.

flyingvees
01-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Lovepedal Octave Planet...Wish I still had mine...

zeta55
01-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Pearl made a one-down, two-up analogue octaver in the 80's. It's a brilliant pedal if you can find one. One of those and a decent Leslie simulator and full-on Hammond B3 impressions are a piece of cake.

Are you refering to the Pearl OC-07 or is there another one?
Anyway I built a clone of the OC-07 circuit, that's a nice octaver with good tracking. Put a compressor in front of it and it tracks even better.

/Krister

Stormbringer
01-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Octron II

Wheeler004
01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Can the Octron cop a good organ-type sound like the Micro Pog, or does it not track well enough on chords?

wingwalker
01-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Can the Octron cop a good organ-type sound like the Micro Pog, or does it not track well enough on chords?

no chords...if you want that you will have to stay digital...

Cheebatone
01-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Are you refering to the Pearl OC-07 or is there another one?
Anyway I built a clone of the OC-07 circuit, that's a nice octaver with good tracking. Put a compressor in front of it and it tracks even better.

/Krister

That's the one. It's a belter! :AOK

BillyJoeJimBob
01-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I've got a Micro POG, but I'm considering moving to an analog octave pedal. What I really would like is something that tracks as well as digital, but with the warmth of analog. I'm not sure if there is anything like that out there, but I thought I would ask. Anyone?

FYI, most "analog" octave pedals are just a set of digital gates set up to toggle (divide by 2) for the lower octaves. They blow a square wave out of each divider. I don't know whether to call that analog, digital, or warm, or whatever, but I love the sound of my Boss OC-2. It's raspy, mean, brutally monophonic, and has a mind of its own sometimes (ie, poor tracking).

Wheeler004
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
FYI, most "analog" octave pedals are just a set of digital gates set up to toggle (divide by 2) for the lower octaves. They blow a square wave out of each divider. I don't know whether to call that analog, digital, or warm, or whatever, but I love the sound of my Boss OC-2. It's raspy, mean, brutally monophonic, and has a mind of its own sometimes (ie, poor tracking).

Sounds awesome. What I would really like is for someone to build an octave pedal with an octave up, octave down, and toggle so it could be switched between digital and analog. I'd really like to get those nasty octave tones, but I really like being able to dial in the organ sound as well.

sinasl1
01-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I just got an Octron... I love that thing... instant fat soloing insanity