PDA

View Full Version : 'Trigger Hippy' (Gorman/Freed/Herring/Govrik) Live - Torrent Now Available

Goldeneye
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello folks - First post around here, so apologies if I am doing anything wrong or putting anything in the wrong place!

Anyway, as I know you people are clearly educated fans of great live music, I thought you might be interested in this live recording straight from the soundboard - which involves Jimmy Herring, as well as some great players of the modern era (I mean Steve Gorman on drums; Audley Freed on guitar - what's not to like!) ! 67 mins of beautiful music and cool grooves.

Like I said, sincere apologies if I have posted anything inappropriately - but I just thought there may be some on here who would dig this.

TRIGGER HIPPY

Steve Gorman, Jimmy Herring, Audley Freed, Nick Govrik
Cox Capitol Theater, Macon. GA. February 7, 2009

'Trigger Hippy' - not a super group, more like an amalgamation of friends - got together for their first gig in Macon, GA in early 2009.

Jambase had this to say about the event http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16589/Trigger-Hippy-02.07.0 9-Georgia (http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16589/Trigger-Hippy-02.07.09-Georgia)

And now, from that gig are six selected tracks for your listening pleasure:

1. Intro Jam
2. Driving Wheel
3. I'm A Ram
4. Ain't Nobody's Business
5. Ride The Pony
6. Clyde

The tracks can be found in a torrent here:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2370514

Enjoy - and feel free to spread the 'Trigger Hippy' sound around!

todd richman
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I so wanted to see that show. Gorman is the modern day Bonham and the guitar combo of Herring and Freed was amazing I bet. I am a major Crowes fan, having seen 10 shows in the past 3 years and the Gorman/Pipien rhythm section is second to none. A lot of bass players should check out Sven-he really knows how to groove like JPJones did with Zep and he is an exceptionally charming dude to hang with to.

Goldeneye
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Couldn't agree more Todd - I'm a Crowes fan myself! In fact, I was just up at Woodstock a couple of weekends ago when they were recording the new album. A long way to go from London for just a couple of days, but it was well worth it :)

And you are so right about Sven! Him and Steve have been laying down such strong grooves for so long now!

todd richman
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
+1-I missed Cabin Fever-wish I had jumped on the tix when they went on sale. Plus Larry Campbell played with them which would have been a treat. Hope to catch the band a few times this coming summer. P.S. Thanks for the offer to burn the show for me-I am looking forward to receiving it.

bluesboy77
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Sweet thanks for the torrent link, sounds like a sweet show.

57gold
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
what's torrent? file doesn't open on my laptop and my tech advisor is a college! something i can download to an ipod? so i am quitted out brontosaurus!

Phloored
03-13-2009, 12:06 AM
I use opera for a browser (has built in torrent downloader)

I then playback in winamp.

After you install opera go to the torrent location with the opera browser and

click the download bar for the trigger hippie torrent.

opera has the thingy to do it and you will see the downloading bar at the top

If you don't have winamp, its free too and is a

nice player and will play the file. There are other ways, but this is what I

came to. Music torrents are nice lossless high Q music files. Torrents are BIG

files and full quality and can take some time depending on how many people

are seeding vs leeching. Anyway, that is how I do it.

This one is some ass shaking guitaristic shit that will satisfy the geek in ya!

57tele
03-21-2009, 04:59 PM
what's torrent? file doesn't open on my laptop and my tech advisor is a college! something i can download to an ipod? so i am quitted out brontosaurus!

A torrent is a peer-to-peer way of sharing files. No need to go into the technical details, but the bottom line is that to get the files you need to download and install a torrent client on your local machine. There are a bunch of clients, but I use http://www.utorrent.com/ myself. Then you have to go to a torrent site that lists the files you're looking for, like the minova site in the first posting. There are hundreds? of torrent sites. You often have to register at torrent sites to use them. When you get to the site, you basically just navigate to the files you want and download them--the torrent client you installed on your machine will generally open up by itself and start the download. the download time depends on how big the files are and how many others are interested in the files. The more folks that are interested, the faster the files get transferred.

Ze Schwam
03-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Anyone know where the full show is available? I haven't been able to find it yet. I'd love to hear Big Legged Woman.

roknfnrol
09-12-2011, 06:35 AM
http://triggerhippy.net/th05

weshunter
09-12-2011, 06:44 AM
+1 on wanting the full show

Marc Roy
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Just downloaded and listening to it now. Why couldn't these guys release an album? This smokes!

greggorypeccary
09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm as much of a Herring fan as anyone, but a band like this with Joan Osborne and Jackie Greene is the shit!

Hope they do some real touring and make it up my way.

mlynn02
09-13-2011, 07:35 AM
J Greene sounds awesome with that b-bender.

roknfnrol
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm as much of a Herring fan as anyone, but a band like this with Joan Osborne and Jackie Greene is the shit!

Hope they do some real touring and make it up my way.

:agree Jackie and Joan really make the newest version of TH amazing.

soli528
09-13-2011, 07:58 AM
I was at that Macon show. It smoked. Thanks for the link!

monkmiles
09-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I need to check this out. So are these guys still playing together?

roknfnrol
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I need to check this out. So are these guys still playing together?

Oh yeah, they really just started.

http://triggerhippy.net/category/video

weshunter
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
i wish this was on archive so i could stream it or at least on mediafire -- can't torrent at work

Mule
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I downloaded it a few days ago...hasn't left the cd player yet! Theres some good pickin goin on there!

Marc Roy
09-15-2011, 12:09 PM
This show should be released as a live DVD. It's that good. I downloaded it a few days ago and haven't stopped listening to it.

robbinsteele
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
found some youtube clips-whee

roknfnrol
09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
There is also a great sounding torrent of the Birmingham show out there.