PDA

View Full Version : Catalinbread Supercharged OD

MikeyG
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I love this pedal!!

http://tonefactor.com/proddetail.php?prod=Charger

Best distortion pedal I've encountered in a while.

Could boot my Hot British off the board.....

Anyone using this??

youngupstart
08-26-2009, 10:09 AM
i borrowed one from my cousin for a couple months and ironically enough it was like the twisted cousin of my fireburst. really cool over the top nasty 70s tone and i will probably grab my own in the future.

ben_allison
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
It's a winner.

Brettski
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
i will probably grab my own in the future.
That's what she said!!!:banana:banana

Sorry for the immature outburst. It won't happen again...for another five minutes or so. :messedup

mullytron
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah I dig it too, it's way rowdy, so it's not always the one I step on, but it's been staying on the board for a while now.

youngupstart
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
That's what she said!!!:banana:banana

Sorry for the immature outburst. It won't happen again...for another five minutes or so. :messedup

:rimshot:aok

MikeyG
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I had a "Thats it!"moment with this pedal, one of those "that's the tone in my head" kinda things.

It does retain the character of the amp, though, so kn that sense it's more like an od, but it's not subtle... It bypasses pushed clean and semi dirty right on into amp on 10 tones

Killer distortion pedal!

Lintybits
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
It will be the next pedal I buy

catalinbread
08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the love folks!

bluesdoc
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey Mike, I'd love to get your take on the DLS! I got mine yesterday and can't stop playing :). Full of options and delicious tones, it's hard to imagine what I could be missing. Do I need a SCOD? :D

jon

claffman
08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
It is a great pedal!! Does work well with the amp keeping it's character.

Burgs
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLvQUOvNhw)

Lt_Core
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I really want to try the SCOD but I need another OD pedal like I need a hole in the head.

bluesdoc
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLvQUOvNhw)

ALL your clips are inspiring, bm!! I suspect you could play through a transistor radio and it'd kill :)

jon

Jason UP
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I love mine; i have a Fargen VOS that sounds killer on its own but now I dial it clean w/ slight breakup just so i can use my Skrewdriver and the SCOD; basically a 1-2-3 all the gains covered kinda approach. Was rockin some Jesus Christ Pose on that sucker the other night and it was honkin'. Much love here, although if anyone knows how to quiet the sucker a little bit that'd be great; when it's on but not being played it hisses like a mutha. Other than that it's money. Glad I got it. Am going to sell a Lovepedal Karl Fuzz and a Toadworks Redux to maybe get a SFT so i'll have 1-2-3-4? Might be overkill but who cares!

Jason UP
08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I love mine; i have a Fargen VOS that sounds killer on its own but now I dial it clean w/ slight breakup just so i can use my Skrewdriver and the SCOD; basically a 1-2-3 all the gains covered kinda approach. Was rockin some Jesus Christ Pose on that sucker the other night and it was honkin'. Much love here, although if anyone knows how to quiet the sucker a little bit that'd be great; when it's on but not being played it hisses like a mutha. Other than that it's money. Glad I got it. Am going to sell a Lovepedal Karl Fuzz and a Toadworks Redux to maybe get a SFT so i'll have 1-2-3-4? Might be overkill but who cares!

heck, having just heard that burgerman clip from above, he's got the gain and contour down at zero for a lot of it so i bet that'll cut some of the hiss - can't believe I haven't tried that yet. Would changing its chain position help? Right now it's guitar=>TU-2=>Skrewdriver=>SCOD=>Menatone Trem=>amp....

erksin
08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
heck, having just heard that burgerman clip from above, he's got the gain and contour down at zero for a lot of it so i bet that'll cut some of the hiss - can't believe I haven't tried that yet. Would changing its chain position help? Right now it's guitar=>TU-2=>Skrewdriver=>SCOD=>Menatone Trem=>amp....

Jason -

Having the gain full up will give you some hiss, just the nature of the beast with that design. If you have the Contour dimed that will contribute some too. I find with the SCOD that a little gain goes a long way (Brett's vid shows that pretty well) - you'll get that harmonic feedback happening with very little coaxing at lower gain levels, so I just basically dial it in until that happens and leave it.

Have you tried the TU-2 near the end of the chain?

Jason UP
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Jason -

Having the gain full up will give you some hiss, just the nature of the beast with that design. If you have the Contour dimed that will contribute some too. I find with the SCOD that a little gain goes a long way (Brett's vid shows that pretty well) - you'll get that harmonic feedback happening with very little coaxing at lower gain levels, so I just basically dial it in until that happens and leave it.

Have you tried the TU-2 near the end of the chain?

Hi there - i haven't tried that; i'll try that at band practice tonight. If it works, i'd be most appreciative! I dig the pedal (all of 'em I've heard). Not to deviate the thread (but I will), but in my first post i mentioned maybe going after a SFT, but when looking at the super chili picoso and the "fat" switch, does that fat switch provide a different sound (other than boosted original) such that it'd be versatile to use as another OD of sorts (as well as just a clean boost at the flip of the switch)? The SCP might be a two-birds-one-stone kinda purchase....thanks!

erksin
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi there - i haven't tried that; i'll try that at band practice tonight. If it works, i'd be most appreciative! I dig the pedal (all of 'em I've heard). Not to deviate the thread (but I will), but in my first post i mentioned maybe going after a SFT, but when looking at the super chili picoso and the "fat" switch, does that fat switch provide a different sound (other than boosted original) such that it'd be versatile to use as another OD of sorts (as well as just a clean boost at the flip of the switch)? The SCP might be a two-birds-one-stone kinda purchase....thanks!

Why don't you shoot me an email at the address in my sig, I can't really talk biz on the forums.

Mike