PDA

View Full Version : Zoom R16 Audio interface to Cubase: Thanks for your help...

coldinWI
11-28-2009, 09:44 AM
During this Thanksgiving season.....

Well, what I got is a laptop (Asus), a Zoom R16, and a nice condenser Mic (CAD). The R16 came with Cubase LE. The R16 is working like a charm. The controls and the methodology are very easy to understand. I've had a nice time learning that I never play anything perfect when the "red light is on". The problem I've been having is the interface between the computer and the R16.

When I try and load drivers for the R16, the computer says I need an "X86" processor. I've tried several things I've seen on other boards related to the R16.

1. I've tried changing the operating system of my laptop to Vista, which should recognize the drivers. When I get to the point of changing the operating system, only Win 7 is available on the drop down box. I've also tried booting up the machine with the recovery disk in it. It just booted up in windows.

2. I've tried running cubase in Vista. The laptop still won't recognize the drivers.

3. I've tried installing the drivers manually. That doesn't work. I've brought the drivers on to the desktop, and from a memory stick. That doesn't work. Another person suggested installing a bunch of dll files from the disk. I've tried installing them as drivers. That doesn't work.

I guess I'm a computer bonehead, in spite of using them quite a bit at work. Does anyone have some hands on experience?

Thanks!

coldinWI
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I have a friend coming over today who's going to try and partition my hard drive, and load Vista on the other side. Wish me luck!

coldinWI
11-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Problems solved (for now). My friend pointed out that I have an SD reader on my laptop (Doh!). Using the SD card, the R16 projects load up into Cubase without any problems. Hopefully drivers will become available soon for the direct hookup between the R16 and Win 7.

By the way, The SD card for the Zoom is 16 GB, and I recorded about 18 mono tracks, about 3min each, and less then 5% of the memory on the card was used. I really like the Zoom R16 for its ease of use, sound, and portability.

John