PDA

View Full Version : Cabinets to go, anyone use them?

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi All,

I need to start planning the kitchen remodel soon and has been looking for ways to reduce the cost. I found this site
http://www.cabinetstogo.com/home.asp

Anyone here have any experince with them or their cabinets?

Thanks,
Sam

French Fry
03-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I would be very interested too.

Currently torn between:
1. Build my own and watch kids destroy it.
2. Buy Ikea kitchen and watch kids destroy it.
3. Buy expensive kitchen and watch kids destroy it.

(disclaimer: I love my boys.)

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 08:43 AM
I was thinking about building my own but just don't have the time or tools, I've done cabinet work before but that was a long time ago.

Lowe's and HD have some nice things but I'm not a fan of particle board and the plywood upcharge is a joke.

bluesjunior
03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
A popular upgrade on this side of the pond is just changing out the doors on your existing cabinets. Places like B&Q, Focus etc have a wide range of doors for this purpose. three years back I got some really nice oak doors for mine which cost me a little bit over 500. A set of new kitchen units would have cost about 3000. Yet to all intents and purposes a have a new kitchen. The wife likes it and that's good enough for me.

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
A popular upgrade on this side of the pond is just changing out the doors on your existing cabinets. Places like B&Q, Focus etc have a wide range of doors for this purpose. three years back I got some really nice oak doors for mine which cost me a little bit over 500. A set of new kitchen units would have cost about 3000. Yet to all intents and purposes a have a new kitchen. The wife likes it and that's good enough for me.

The problem with my kitchen is the layout is poor and it doesn't flow well. Refacing the cabinets is a great idea for most but for us it wouldn't work

Barefoot
03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Around here cabinet makers are having a hard time due to the lack of new construction. May be a good time to get a few bids and find an experienced pro who needs work....just a thought.

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Around here cabinet makers are having a hard time due to the lack of new construction. May be a good time to get a few bids and find an experienced pro who needs work....just a thought.

I did check that route and prices were down but still high for my pay grade.

loudboy
03-12-2010, 02:08 PM
We used an online place and were satisfied 110% w/both the cabinets and the service.

I can get the name and will post it.

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
We used an online place and were satisfied 110% w/both the cabinets and the service.

I can get the name and will post it.

That would be great, thanks!!!

CTG-Manager
03-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Sam,

My name is Jesse Norton and im the manager of the Cabinets To Go Warehouse/Store in Orlando, Florida. I occasionally browse through google looking for reviews (i like to know what customers think of us too) and i saw your post. If you or anyone else for that matter have any questions please feel free to email me at Jesse.Norton@Cabinetstogo.com or call me directly at the Orlando Store (407) 369-4111.

The reason its tough to find reviews on us, is we did not start heavily advertising untill just recently and mainly relied on word of mouth.

Thank you for your interest!

-Jesse

Rev2S
03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
wow! that's quick...

bigdaddy
03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I would be very interested too.

Currently torn between:
1. Build my own and watch kids destroy it.
2. Buy Ikea kitchen and watch kids destroy it.
3. Buy expensive kitchen and watch kids destroy it.

(disclaimer: I love my boys.)

That's a no-brainer. Build your own. Think of all the tool costs you'll be able to justify!

New table saw. Check. New router. Check. A couple new Kreg pocket jigs. Check. Band Saw. Check. Spray Equipment. Check. Enough extra wood for a couple 2 x 12's, fretwire installation jig, pickup winder, pedal kits, amp kit... She'll never notice.

samdjr74
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Sam,

My name is Jesse Norton and im the manager of the Cabinets To Go Warehouse/Store in Orlando, Florida. I occasionally browse through google looking for reviews (i like to know what customers think of us too) and i saw your post. If you or anyone else for that matter have any questions please feel free to email me at Jesse.Norton@Cabinetstogo.com or call me directly at the Orlando Store (407) 369-4111.

The reason its tough to find reviews on us, is we did not start heavily advertising untill just recently and mainly relied on word of mouth.

Thank you for your interest!

-Jesse

Thanks Jesse, I just emailed you.

Thanks,
Sam

loudboy
03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
That would be great, thanks!!!

I checked - I think they went out of business...

D'oh!

French Fry
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
That's a no-brainer. Build your own. Think of all the tool costs you'll be able to justify!

New table saw. Check. New router. Check. A couple new Kreg pocket jigs. Check. Band Saw. Check. Spray Equipment. Check. Enough extra wood for a couple 2 x 12's, fretwire installation jig, pickup winder, pedal kits, amp kit... She'll never notice.

well, fortunately or unfortunately, I build guitars. That has justified enough tool purchases for one lifetime. I may as well use all that to build a couple kitchen cabinets.

But I'll probably obsess over the tap-tone of the doors. Must slam to a low E.

karenbill
04-09-2013, 07:03 AM
I have used The RTA Store many times and find that they have the best deal on solid wood cabinets along with the best pricing/quality HANDS DOWN!!

scottoconnor
06-17-2013, 01:30 AM
well i try the sites u provided but its very costly kitchen stuff that why i try another sites that suggest my friends https://wskonnekt.com/

playsarobin
06-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Did my entire kitchen from theRTAStore.com. Fantastic prices for solid wood fronts and ply back and sides. I glued seems and used their fastening system. Zero complaints and I've done 5 full remodels elsewhere working with a cabinet builder.

Loads of styles and colors and great customer service. I did lowers first (money, kitchen literally fell spart) then a month or two later I did uppers. I was short one upper and they overnighted me the missing cabinet after a very brief phone call to an English speaking (native) person that only needed the size of the cabinet missing.

I've recommended the company many times over and will use them again, should the need arise.

I also remodeled mine from studs up so new cabinets was my only option.