PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe Tone Help

wavey63
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I just bought the Micro Vibe by voodoo Labs and have to say I am a bit disappointed. It sound very trebly when engaged. Anyone know of how to fatte up the tone? If no is the Fulltone Deja Vibe or Lovepedal pickle any better? I want the Trower tone and am nowhere near it with the Voodoo labs.

Stratobuc
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Where in your signal chain is the pedal? What gtr/amp are you using? These factors will affect your sound. I've had one on my pedalboard for years, and it does the Trower tone just fine.

4styx
03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I thought is was a little trebly when I tried it at home.But in a band setting it's fine,maybe even a little dark.It sounded best before dirt.
Turning up the trimpot inside helps give a deeper throb as well.

wavey63
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Itis after my Barber Direct Drive and before my Carbon Copy. I have run it through a Fender Deluxe copy, a Marshall Plexi copy and an 18watt TMB clone. It sounds the same way in all situations.

Stratobuc
03-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I find the vibe will sound darker when its before any dirt pedals. My chain= wah, vibe, compressor, OD, tremolo, delay. and when playing Trower - its strat with neck pickup.

SUPROficial
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Itis after my Barber Direct Drive
Try putting the Micro Vibe first.
I was pretty perplexed with mine when I tried placing it after fuzz and didn't bond with it until I put it before the fuzz.

wavey63
03-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Would putting it before the fuzz make a difference even if the dirt is not on? Also I have enough throb right now. Anyone know how the Fulltone vibe might differ from the voodoo tonewise?

thewex
03-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree- recently I've placed it much earlier in my chain, and it sounds better. I'm also thinking about getting the JHS tru-vibe mod though.

bgoez
03-13-2010, 10:17 AM
They are quite different.. The fulltone has more variety and range. I've played through both and I have the Micro. It does what I need and it's small. I put the compressor in front to boost it. If you use a dark guitar with it... mush Bright guitar... pretty cool. hope that helps.

Would putting it before the fuzz make a difference even if the dirt is not on? Also I have enough throb right now. Anyone know how the Fulltone vibe might differ from the voodoo tonewise?

bratch
03-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I found it to be trebley as well, but I realized it was only because I had a buffered pedal before it. Now, I find it is very thick and not bright at all. I've also realized that it sounds better in front of some fuzzes and behind others. Rats!

Purplexi
03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
My Voodoo Micro Vibe sounded like a box of mud. I GAVE mine away and am on the KR Mega Vibe list. Fulltone's deja 2 is the next best thing, Pickle vibe for a great temp fix! Next steps down are the BBE Soul Vibe and Dunlop Stereo Chorus Vibe. These are not definitive however as there's a galaxy of vibe pedals out there that do their own thing just as well, maybe better. Check search mode here.

trower
03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
My Voodoo Micro Vibe sounded like a box of mud. I GAVE mine away and am on the KR Mega Vibe list.

Interesting! I think the gear and set-up has alot more effect on the performance on these than I imagined. I've owned a few of these and have always considered them as one of the finest Vibes under a $100 used and even recommend them. I would say that there was a small tonal differance in 2 particular units I owned maybe due to the boards being differant (Red/Green) and a small issue with the trimmer but overall these are the finest budget Vibes. I would also add that on the high end units Ive owned, The KR Megavibe faired so poorly with my set-up, I couldn't sell it fast enough. It was and still is my biggest dissapointment for the "reputation it has" pedal. I may have had a clunker and I would like to try another to see if I get the same results but it's funny how each of our expieriences can differ day/night.

BTW, Thanks for the Flange Info Purplexi.

Stratobuc
03-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I've ordered an MJM Sixties Vibe, and I should get it in a couple weeks - hopefully this one will bump the Microvibe off my board. I've also added my name to the KR Megavibe list, but I can't imagine not keeping the Microvibe as a spare. Great bang for the buck!