PDA

View Full Version : Boss ME-70 advice

darkstar11
03-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I dont see much discussion on the Boss ME-70 here..I have a chance to get a used one at a good price. I like the idea of having an "all in one". But I probably wont give up my Timmy and OCD for OD. Also, I have a Fender Blues Jr.

I am starting to gig often with a very wide variety of tunes... Some classic rock, 80's light punk and some southern rock and newer country stuff.

So is this a good "all around " unit and is it "Gig friendly"? .. or should I keep looking.

jamester
03-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm using an ME-70 through a Blues Jr myself!

You're right, there isn't much/any discussion about this unit around here. In fact I've been meaning to start a thread talking about the way I've been using it, which is a little different than most probably, as I play mostly jazz and groove stuff and after some experimentation have found an interesting approach which has made me like the unit a lot more than I had initially.

While I'm not using it like you probably need to, I'd still say it's a great "all around" unit and very gig friendly - I love that in the case of a broken adaptor it can run on batteries! Of course as with all Boss multiFX pedals the weakness is the OD/Dist, but you've got that covered already I see...

darkstar11
03-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear it works well with Blues Jr.

bronco1891
03-21-2010, 04:45 PM
if you have an amp i would just get the m13. i use a bj and my m13 and i LOVE it

darkstar11
03-22-2010, 08:44 AM
if you have an amp i would just get the m13. i use a bj and my m13 and i LOVE it

I'd like to consider an M13. But this ME-70 is half the price and thought I'd give it a try.

Like I said earlier... haven't seen much here on the ME-70 or any of the other Boss ME or GTs.

hamrhed1
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
I have an M13 and my son has a ME70. I plugged into the ME70 a few times and tried to find sounds that were easy for me to get on the M13 (particularly the EJ sort of tones). I did eventually find something that was passable on the ME70 but these sorts of tones are easy to do on the M13.

I strongly prefer the M13. Maybe try the M13/M9 before buying the ME70.

bronco1891
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
and try ebay. or the euphorium. there's plenty of good ones floating around. i got mine for 400 new last summer. no regrets!

bluesdoc
03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I love my ME70. I use it with the clean amp model +/- TS stomp model into a FRFR powered monitor or the return of my amps. I use it without modeling in the loop of my amps for effects. I've managed to get great tones out of it. Rehearsals with two different bands, and a couple of gig shows where it was my only tone generator. I've sent clips of one of those shows to friends, one of whom is a well known tube tone freak around here. He complimented me on my tone and asked if it was a TRock amp. :eeks It was my ME70 into my FBT Maxx2a powered mon. Go figure...... :D

jon