PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever won $ after filling out a survey?

Bill Brasky
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Practically every fast food/store receipt offers $15,000 if you fill out their survey and after every online store purchase they offer $100 or $1000 if you fill out their "quick" survey. Has anyone here ever gotten anything from filling out these surveys or know anyone who has?

ahcleinad
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I got a mail with $10 saying if I fill out a survey and mail them back that they would give me $20 more. So I did and they did too. Not one of those $15,000 deals, but still pretty cool.

shark_bite
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
$15k? Doubt it.

That's not really how it works. The purpose of the surveys is research. Dangling a carrot like that almost always interferes with the research being done. I used to be the guy who had to gather the responses for sweepstakes for such a program, and we did it maybe 4 times a year. Your odds of getting selected depend on the client, the project, and the response rates they target, but in general we gave out maybe $8k worth in gift cards, 4 times a year, and we'd get almost 200,000 respondents from which to draw those names.

I much prefer the way they do it at Famous Dave's - I play there every week, and if I order food, and fill out the survey, I get my dessert free next time. Even if the dessert is $6 and my receipt is from a $2 happy hour beer purchase. Heh.

scottlr
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
My wife does surveys as a hobby, and she gets little amounts of $s all the time. I did win an SM58 once for doing song reviews on GarageBand.com. Mostly, I don't win shit. But I am hoping for some lowly lottery soon. Doesn't need to be $250 mil. Just enough to GTFO and start a new life.

Blue Fin
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I've found more money on the ground than I have ever won from various contests.

photoguy
04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I got a $25.00 Amazon gift card e-mailed to me for filling out a survey on line that was sent to professional photographers. THe gift card e-mail arrived months after I took the survey, so long in fact that I deleted it thinking it was spam.... totally forgot about the survey. Few months later when Christmas came, I logged into Amazon and whadyaknow, I had a $25.00 credit waiting for me.

germs
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
some food vouchers for a BOGO offer, once or twice a free combo meal.

nothing major. but free food is free food!

macheesmo3
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Old GF actually won the $1000 weekly drawing for doing a Taco Bell phone survey from the back of the reciept on a whim.....

Mike Schriber
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I won a nice Cobra driver a few years back doing a golf data survey.

Shiny McShine
04-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I've found the secret to winning every time at Panda Express. Just by filling out the survey, you get a free entree item tacked onto your 2 item combo. Yippee!

It's Time!
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Next week I'm going to fill out a survey for Lexus. They're paying me $200 for 3 hours of my time.

Seditious
04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I always fill out the Best Buy or Staples surveys. I had a friend that worked there and it's a pretty important deal for the store to get good responses. He said they only draw a winner once a year and it's $5000 for the winner. I'm not banking on it being me.

twinrider1
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Old GF actually won the $1000 weekly drawing for doing a Taco Bell phone survey from the back of the reciept on a whim.....

lol, I've called in once or twice. My cynical side figures the company that runs the survey contest has a single pool made up all of their restaurant clients nationwide. So it's a single $1000 prize for every Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. in the whole world combined.

shark_bite
04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
lol, I've called in once or twice. My cynical side figures the company that runs the survey contest has a single pool made up all of their restaurant clients nationwide. So it's a single $1000 prize for every Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. in the whole world combined.

False.

You'd be amazed at how carefully these things are done - legal would be in for a world of hurt if the sweepstakes were handled any other way.