PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Wampler Faux Spring Reverb?

Jim Moulton
06-10-2010, 01:56 AM
I heard a video on The Mad Ape , I think, sounds good as many of his pedals are, anyone try it?

jonnyrocket
08-31-2010, 03:45 PM
I would like to know about this as well. It seems that not many people have this one.

jon

Robis
09-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi

I have a Wampler Faux Spring Reverb and I like it a lot! I use it mostly for wet "surfish" reverb and it does that great. Like most reverbpedals (at least those I have tried) it doesn't like being stuck in front of an heavy overdriven amp but it sounds great with rock, blues and surf. The tone control helps you add a little flavor to the reverb and works very nice. The pedal is dead quiet as well, no hizz or unwanted noise.

Regards,

Robert

fullertone
09-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm re-upping this thread to see if there are any others out there with this pedal, especially anyone who's compared it to some of the other favorites here, such as the Neunaber Wet Reverb, the Dr. Scientist RRR, etc.

the-tone
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
thinking of buying one of these! can't believe no one here on TGP have it!

I've read something about it being based on the belkin brick, but I actually don't think so. I think it's based of his famous Analog Echo Delay. Cool if Brian would chime in and clarify.

Here's is a killer demo I found on Youtube. Best demo video I could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h57pQwtlPUY

BrianWampler
11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
thinking of buying one of these! can't believe no one here on TGP have it!

I've read something about it being based on the belkin brick, but I actually don't think so. I think it's based of his famous Analog Echo Delay. Cool if Brian would chime in and clarify.

Here's is a killer demo I found on Youtube. Best demo video I could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h57pQwtlPUY

yes, it's a belton brick circuit, but it's a little different than what most people are doing with the belton (schem that most use is similar to the hermida I believe). Basically what the Belton provides is a completely wet (no dry) reverb in a chip. The beauty is in trying to keep the base signal is accurate as possible while blending in the wet reverb, so I add creative eq/filtering before and after where the reverb is in the circuit.

This makes for a bit different take of 'spring' reverb tones using the belton chip.

To be fair though, I haven't seen a whole lot of other's reverb schems so I could be way off base as to what they may be doing. I just know that I've played and heard alot of the belton type reverbs and some sounded good, and some sounded plain and blah.

the-tone
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks Brian:-) that makes sense. The hermida starts losing it not much past 1:00. I dig it, but am looking for more control, and realism. I'll probably pull the trigger on your Faux Reverb.