PDA

View Full Version : New Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport vs Skreddy Echo?!

gitfiddler
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I currently own a Skreddy Echo and love it. Just wondering if anyone has compared the new Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport to the Skreddy cause the Pro Guitar Shop clips of the DT sounds awesome!

gitfiddler
06-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Anybody?! I owned the original DT and it seemed a little extreme and wacky compared to the Skreddy's modulation. From the clips of the new DT it seems to be alot more subtle than the old one, which I would prefer. Can anyone confirm this? Its so hard to gauge on clips alone. Anyone compared the old DT to the new one, or to the Skreddy Echo?

cajone5
06-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I also have an echo and thought the demos of the DT sounded like another great take on modulated tape-like delay. I'm also interested in any comparisons. I don't think I could every give up my skreddy but I may be swayed to try the DT after seeing how much I love the Skrecho

gitfiddler
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I also have an echo and thought the demos of the DT sounded like another great take on modulated tape-like delay. I'm also interested in any comparisons. I don't think I could every give up my skreddy but I may be swayed to try the DT after seeing how much I love the Skrecho

Yeah, I never really bonded with delay until I tried the Skreddy! But I must say the new DT clips on PGS sound incredible and make me want to buy one. I might buy one just to know....

magnus02
06-14-2010, 06:46 PM
as someone who is about to buy a skreddy echo i'm quite interested as well... but i think i'll have to start with the skreddy bc it seems to be the standard. i love my superdelay for my limited delay needs the skreddy looks like it might dominate... that or spring for the echoczar.... damn you tgp...

but yea i'd love some real opinions on this... my ramblings don't help much

gitfiddler
06-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Just order the new DT! Ill let you guys know how it sounds vs the Skreco!

t-rey
06-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Please do :aok The DT is on my short list.

gitfiddler
06-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Please do :aok The DT is on my short list.
The clips of the pedal has ruined me!!!What about those Leslie-esque repeats!!! And to have the Modulation switch is great too.

DBG
06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Does skreddy echo have tap tempo funtion?
Thanks, DBG

itkindaworks
06-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Does skreddy echo have tap tempo funtion?
Thanks, DBG
No.

bkahuna
10-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a Skreddy echo. Dig it. The DT sounds awesome. Very tempting.

Well.... Anybody have 'em both. Chime in!

Tubbs
10-31-2010, 04:42 PM
i've had both at the same time and while the EQD was nice it just wasn't magical in the way the Skreddy is.

i too was dazzled by the PGS EQD video but it just can't cop Skreddy sounds.

got rid of the EQD

tri99er
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
^^^^
I agree, and my DT went to you, great pedal in its own rights, but it doesn't do what the Echo does.

Have another Echo coming my way, shouldn't have sold the first one, lesson learned.:bonk

jw112
10-31-2010, 07:04 PM
i have a skreddy and just bought an EQD because of the tone factor and pro guitar videos. i found there to be a lot of background white noise on the repeats unless the tone knob is ALL the way off. It sounds cool all the way off but for the price i would like to be more versatile. Im sending the EQD back tomorrow. ymmv

Kelsey
10-31-2010, 08:57 PM
I have a Wampler FTE, and recently tried a DT Jr (so no modulation). I thought the DT Jr had a nice dark delay tone that degraded nicely, but the tone control didn't seem to have much effect besides controlling background noise. The DT Jr seemed to brighten my base tone a little and didn't feel as nice as the Wampler -- like the guitar felt less responsive when playing through the DT Jr. Since I don't get that sensation with the FTE, and the tone control on the FTE is very effective, I returned the DT Jr.

triviani
10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
How would a Subdecay Echo Box compare? It does have modulation..

Or the Deville Dark Echo?

Wasn't the Skreddy a bit noisy?

Tubbs
11-01-2010, 01:27 AM
How would a Subdecay Echo Box compare? It does have modulation..

Or the Deville Dark Echo?

Wasn't the Skreddy a bit noisy?
i tried an Echo Box and it was a bit cold/sterile in my opinion. ymmv

i haven't encountered noise with the Skreddy Echo.

always wanted to try the Dark Echo.
i hear it faintly calling my name in the night.

triviani
11-01-2010, 01:51 AM
---
always wanted to try the Dark Echo.
i hear it faintly calling my name in the night.

Kind of a mysterious pedal, right?