PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Chris Anderson & Fuchs

71Model
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I was playing a Fuchs ODS50 today, tweaked it out to sounding vintage, slight break up. Playing a tele, started getting some Outlaws vibe!
Well I'm youtubing away Outlaws and run across a video with Chris Anderson playing a Fuchs!
Awesome sound! Just wanted to share that with any Fuchs or Outlaws fans.

here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_85oI3w3E

Mighty Melvin
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Fuchs fan here. He's been doing this for a long time. He can do anything.

M

Bob Maximus
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Sounds awesome...OTOH that strat through the PV sounds like

well,

a strat through a PV

Tom Gross
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Nice clip.
That's one of the things I love about Fuchs amps - they can get a whole bunch of nice Dumble tones, but also are great for the classic classic rock tones we all love.

Laxrappa11
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
i came in here expecting to see a clip of birdman playing a guitar. now that would be a sight to behold

Bobby D
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
big Chris Anderson fan/friend from way back when he lived in Sarasota, spent many a nite at his gigs and jammed with him frequently.

SMOKING player.

he did a solo album on Relativity called "Old Friend" that's well worth seeking out if you like blues rock guitar.

nice to see him still playing, he had some serious health issues for a while. a totally great dude :bow

Bobby D
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
hah! found one of the songs on youtube.

Matt Abts from Gvt Mule used to be Chris's drummer, and played with everybody in Sarasota back then.

Banner Thomas from Molly Matchet on bass

PWk2SQzwU40

Bob Maximus
10-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I have a pretty cool story to share about meeting Chris...

I was rehearsing at SIR with a songwriter. We took a break and I went to the little boys room. Standing there and this guy walks in and is at the one next to me. I notice he has real long hair, cowboy hat, and seems like he wanted to talk, so we stood there in the boys room for a while yapping about music and stuff. Then I find out he was in Henry's country rock band ; Blackhawk. It was Chris. Well of course that was cool as heck. Then he told me that he and Henry were doing a showcase down the hall and invited me over. I walked in during the middle of Green Grass and High Tides. It was the reformed Outlaws with Hughie and the rest of the original members (minus the guys that passed).

I was standing next to Dicky Betts having a beer during the showcase.

Bobby D
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
nice! yeah, Chris is a good dude.....that guitar on the cover of his solo CD was an all original 1960 slab board strat in olympic white. his manager at the time bought it for him, and paid $10k for it, which at the time was big $$$ for a vintage strat.

Chris's main guitar was a 1970 or 1971 Strat, sunburst rosewood neck with 4 bolt neck, and that guitar SMOKED the expensive 1960 slab board :rotflmao

Sarasota in the early-mid 90s was a VERY guitar heavy town. i was going to college then, and gigging a bit at nite. but it was damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get a guitar gig in that town. i can name about a dozen TOP NOTCH guitarists like Chris that were living and gigging there in the 90s. it was kinda intense to have that much guitar talent in one small town....

SarasotaSlim
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Go Chris Go -

We're the same age and went to Jr. High together. He got good in a hurry and was in a great band in High School called Southern Express. At that time they were doing a lot of Allman covers and both guitar players were smoking players. His guitar partner David Alltice was a great slide player and has since gone on to that big jam in the sky. I think that other guitar player in that clip came out to say hi many years ago when we were playing somewhere in Macon. Chris has played the role of guitar slinger in a variety of southern rock established groups - Grinder Switch - Henry Paul Band - Black Hawk - Outlaws and maybe even Molly Hatchett. Great player.

71Model
10-06-2010, 07:56 PM
That's some way cool stories!!
When I first seen him with the Outlaws, I thought "this guy has some shoes to fill playing Billy Jone's part", I quickly became a fan on that 1st song cause he really pulled it off with good taste.

oxtone
10-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Sorry - not familiar with the current Outlaws lineup - which guitarist in the YT video
is Chris Anderson?

I saw the original Outlaws in the mid 70's at the old met Sports Center
in Bloomington, MN. Man, Hughie Thomasson (R.I.P.) was incredible, and Billy Jones (R.I.P.) was no slouch, either!

Fuchsaudio
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Chris replaced Billy Yates I believe, and he's on the right in the video playing a PRS SC I think...

71Model
10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Sorry - not familiar with the current Outlaws lineup - which guitarist in the YT video
is Chris Anderson?

I saw the original Outlaws in the mid 70's at the old met Sports Center
in Bloomington, MN. Man, Hughie Thomasson (R.I.P.) was incredible, and Billy Jones (R.I.P.) was no slouch, either!

The one on the right side with the single cut PRS and Fuchs ODS.

71Model
10-07-2010, 01:35 PM
i came in here expecting to see a clip of birdman playing a guitar. now that would be a sight to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODn00MY6Ejg
is this a sight to behold?