PDA

View Full Version : Fender FUSE Software

timmat
12-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Just purchased a Mustang II...wondering if it's best to load Fender Fuse from the included disc, or to download it from their Web site? Or does it matter?

Guessing if I use the disc, I'd then need to go download from the site anyway to get the latest version / updates, etc., but wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything if I didn't use the disc at all. Thx.

ChurchChong
12-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Just purchased a Mustang II...wondering if it's best to load Fender Fuse from the included disc, or to download it from their Web site? Or does it matter?

Guessing if I use the disc, I'd then need to go download from the site anyway to get the latest version / updates, etc., but wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything if I didn't use the disc at all. Thx.

Download it. Firmware too if needed.

See -
http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=26

I never even touched the included disc.

drgonzoguitar
12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
The disc also has Abelton Live LE and IK Multimedia Fender Amplitude LE. As far as Fuse, download from Fender.

Steve Hotra
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Download Fuse from the website. It has the lastest upgrades that the disc doesn't.
The Fuse program is great!

jdolll
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
My dad just bought a mustang 2 and he's not a big fan so far, I haven't played one but i've seen enough guys say great stuff about them that I'm sure it's just crappy presets or something, anyone have any suggestions as far as what is good on this thing so I can help steer him in the right direction? I've been trying to get him to use fuse but he's not very computer savvy and I haven't had a chance to help him set it up yet.

xjbebop
12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
ya gotta get 'plugged in' to this amp (computer + Fuse) to open up the possibilities, then it's fun....:D

bluetrane
12-03-2010, 03:29 AM
My dad just bought a mustang 2 and he's not a big fan so far, I haven't played one but i've seen enough guys say great stuff about them that I'm sure it's just crappy presets or something, anyone have any suggestions as far as what is good on this thing so I can help steer him in the right direction? I've been trying to get him to use fuse but he's not very computer savvy and I haven't had a chance to help him set it up yet.

If you want to get great sounds, you need to delve into Fuse. But you get some decent sounds just by rolling back the effects on the presets to zero on the amp itself and starting from scratch, adding a touch of delay or reverb to the Twin (one of the best of the amp models IMHO) for example.

jdolll
12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
This is pretty much what I figured, thanks guys. Presets are always terrible, I'm gonna have to get him hooked up to fuse

ltkojak
12-05-2010, 07:23 AM
And the FUSE software makes it even better. I've got the 40-Watter and it's a nifty little beast.

I've been able to program some killer presets, and delving into the software I've found out a nice set of rules here: ADVANCE AMP> SAG=LESS > BIAS=+50% > Cabinet=2X12C.

This setting makes every amp preset come to life. It almost behaves like a tube amp. My interest are mostly clean and slight early breakup type of sound, and so far, my favorite is the Twinreverb model... but the others are slouchs either!

I haven't gotten the hang of the effects yet, but the basic settings of every pedal added to the chain are good starting points to start fiddling with those virtual knobs.

When Fender wil come with a model with at least 64 presets that are directly addressable with a MIDI pedal, this design will be a total winner.

As a practice and small gigs amp is a winner already! The trasportability is great; you can go to any gig by foot or by any public trasportation with no problems at all without any worries of hurting your back or your hands from carrying it around.

Mind you, it's not going to make me sell my handwired boutique valve amp anytime soon, but it's nice at least be able to save in roadies! ;)

HTH,