PDA

View Full Version : Pedalgear Juicebox

adamwestlake
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I ordered a pedalgear juicebox after reading some good reviews and wanted to inform others of what my experience was.
Simply put, I can't give it any sort of review because it broke within 30 seconds of powering it up.
I plugged it into the wall and hooked up my pedals.
Left the room to let the dog out and when I came back none of it would work except the courtesy outlet on the back.
no power to any of the front jacks.
i will be sending it back and not getting a new one.

Bad experience for me.
hope this helps others in making their decision

DraggAmps
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
That's odd. I've never used one but I've seen a couple for sale lately. Both were pretty old and one of them was over a decade old. Honestly, whatever happened to yours could happen to any power source or pedal any time, regardless of quality. I'm sure that's not something that normally happens. I'm sure it's a high quality product and I'm sure it's not just part of the design for it to fail immediately. Chances are, if you had them replace it, the replacement would last for years.

JimmyR
03-08-2011, 08:47 PM
That's why I don't have a dog.

CaptainAwesome
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I'd be hesitant to write them off completely due to one bad unit - especially if they respond promptly with a no-cost replacement.

Having worked in manufacturing and reverse logistics for many years, it is actually more common than people think to have a consumer electronics product shipped that is DOA or fails within 30 days (< .5% in most cases - PS3 claims to be somewhere around 3%). Sometimes, even the most robust testing process can't capture all of the issues...

WorkingClassDan
03-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I've had one for a decade. Version 2 I believe.
Insanely expensive at the time but has done loads of touring and has been solid as a rock.
I'm sure they'll fix you up.

KevinFinn
03-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Bad units are inevitable in any industrial medium.

It doesn't really mean ill of the company unless there's a precedent of poor build and carelessness.

...But your one experience shouldn't really dissuade others, IMO.

TD Moyer
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear of your problem but I can say my experience has been the opposite.

I recently switched to the Gigrig Generator & Distributor system for more flexibility but have had a Juicebox on a pedalboard running flawlessly for over a decade!

djbinzo
03-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I have one of the older, insanely expensive, ones and it has been great to me for years.

todaystomorrow
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Did you check the fuse inside?

adamwestlake
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
In the manual it says that if i open it and check it it voids my warranty. I am getting mixed reviews. A buddy of mine had one and it fried one of his pedals. (Not from sending it the wrong voltage). I think i will just go to an iso 5 and pp2+. I might give them one more shot.

todaystomorrow
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
In the manual it says that if i open it and check it it voids my warranty. I am getting mixed reviews. A buddy of mine had one and it fried one of his pedals. (Not from sending it the wrong voltage). I think i will just go to an iso 5 and pp2+. I might give them one more shot.

Honestly I don't blame you. I have one that has never failed me but I've heard they are hard to reach and don't offer a lot of customer service after the sale. It sucks because it has great features... but a lot of power supplies are on the market that weren't when I purchased mine.

Captain Zero
03-12-2011, 07:15 AM
One bad unit does not equal a shitty product.

Steve73
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
That's why I don't have a dog.

:rotflmao

adamwestlake
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I finally got in touch with them and they were very apologetic. I will be sending it back and getting a pp2+ and an iso5. I'm glad other people have had success with them. I just don't feel like going through the hassle of shipping back and forth.

Jon C
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I've had 2 for years (JBX-002 and JBX-003) without a hiccup.

... you barely even give them a chance to make good and slag them ... I just don't understand some people. Enjoy your new setup, I can assure you the Juicebox is very well made with internals more robust than the typical stuff, but if you're so impatient and unforgiving, then yeah, try something else. :huh

jnepo1
03-17-2011, 07:35 AM
I've heard great things about the Pedalgear Juicebox. Yes, I believe all manufacturers make errors in production, but sometimes it can also stem from user error. There are many plug and play devices, but make sure what you are plugging into them are properly plugged into them. Sometimes the error falls on the consumer. My 2 cents.

adamwestlake
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
I made completely sure that i did everything right plugging in everything. I am not unforgiving. I have no hard feelings towards pedalgear at all. I know they make good equipment otherwise aerosmith, sheryl crow etc wouldnt be using them. I am just in a spot where I would prefer not to deal with shipping things back and forth. I probably am being a little impatient, but isn't that my perogative?

TheWarmth
04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
How did you get in touch with them? I've sent multiple emails to them about mine, which isn't providing the power that's it should be and I haven't received any response. If you have a phone number, maybe you can PM it to me.

Jon C
04-10-2011, 05:33 PM
agree that it's a drag to not get a response if you have a customer service need ...

this1smyne
04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I've had one for a decade. Version 2 I believe.
Insanely expensive at the time but has done loads of touring and has been solid as a rock.
I'm sure they'll fix you up.

this is my experience as well, hard as a rock. a bad apple can slip into any batch

Sunil
05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
My version 2 Juicebox has worked perfectly for me for the last 2-3 years. Can't speak to the quality of Pedalgear's customer service, though.