PDA

View Full Version : NPD- Pareidolia

cheameup
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
got this in the mail yestedray

its too early for a definitive review . I was busy last night so had to squeeze in an hour or so . My pedals always seem to arrive on the day I cant just sit there with a 6 pack and mess with em all night

But early impression is really good . never had a Catalinbread pedal before but it feels and looks really well made .

Sound is really nice .It doesnt wash out the notes with effect . so even though the effect is present it still seems subtle and tastefull.

Tried in in front of my dual recto and in the effects loop. I like it in front . My distorion sound is set up pretty heavy for chungging and the like and the Pareidolia loves it . still articulate with a ton of heaviness . Sounds great clean. Sounds great with a touch of reverb after as welll

It also seems usable through most of the range of both knobs which is great . Too many pedals have 2 or 3 sweet spots

Its a nice pedal . Good work

No review should be all good so I'll add I dont love where they put the power jack though. Same with the turbo tuner . I'm sure there's a reason for it but it messes with my synergy

david(j)
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
i've had one of these on the want list for a while now, preferably in absinthe green.

congrats on a sweet pedal!

hereandgone18
05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I just picked up one of these recently myself, and would definitely recommend that new users experiment with placement in the chain, especially around your dirt pedals. It sounds good anywhere to be honest, but when I threw it in the effects loop of my Devi Ever Spectacular Aenima... I think the paint started peeling off my walls.

I suspect the Pareidolia "sits" best in a different spot for everyone, depending on taste, other pedals, power supply, type of music, etc. But it will sound "good" anywhere.

coelacanth
05-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Very haunting and hypnotic. However, it sounds like there's a bit too much of bass in some demos I've seen. What are your thoughts on that? Maybe it explains why it doesn't sound as good when placed in the effects loop... (as modulators, in general, sound relatively more subtle when placed before dirt)

cheameup
05-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Very haunting and hypnotic. However, it sounds like there's a bit too much of bass in some demos I've seen. What are your thoughts on that? Maybe it explains why it doesn't sound as good when placed in the effects loop... (as modulators, in general, sound relatively more subtle when placed before dirt)

It does retain bass on the low end of the sweep. I wouldnt say too much though . I dont think its adding any extra bass . but its still there thats for sure

coelacanth
05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info. Certainly one of more interesting pedals out there for sure.