PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Honey Overdrive solved my dirt problem.

Brian Lusky
05-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Ive been on the search for a new overdrive to fit between my Tim and my T1M Pearl. Tim is for low, and I run my Pearl pretty hot as my high gain drive.

I've been using an AC Booster as my mid gain, and while it sounded great on my bridge pickup, it always sounded flubby on the neck pickup when I'd try to play rhythm chords on the low E.

Tried the DLS v.2, but it had the exact same issue. Was going to give up, when I got inspired by Crxshdxmmy's current rig where he runs a Sweet Honey Overdrive into a Timmy. I know the SHOD is known as a low gainer generally, but I thought, "what the heck..."

Got it in today and it's absolutely perfect. Right away before I started tweaking it had the sound I was looking for. Touch responsive and yet still sounds great when set to more medium drive instead of low drive, and when I switched to the neck pickup...no flub!

Then I flipped on the Tim. Yes please! Very complimentary and they were pushing my AC20 deluxe in a very pleasing way.

Search over. (back to waiting for the Timeline.;) )

crxshdxmmy
05-28-2011, 10:16 PM
LOL! That's awesome. SHOD > Timmy is killer. Was enjoying that combo earlier this evening, actually. Glad you're digging it too.

Nork
05-28-2011, 11:04 PM
well done. yea - i use it similarly.