PDA

View Full Version : Eventide Space or Strymon Timeline?

Shawnee
05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I need a little help guys, I have been in search of a good reverb/delay/modulator for a long time. My opinion is that tube amp distortion cant be beat and boutique boosts and slight overdrive pedals are way better than amp models. That being said, the idea of a midi capable reverb/delay/modulator all in one box to cover everything else. I don't want "preamps" or overdrive in the box. The videos of the strymon blue sky blew me away but it's not midi. I would like to have a couple of standard reverb and delay combo sounds and I would love to play with the LFO and modulated sounds that give that washy synthesizer sound too. So would one of these boxes do it for me?

MarkF786
05-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Apples != Oranges.

clc12rock
05-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Yea, isn't one a Reverb and one's a delay?

crxshdxmmy
05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, the correct answer is both.

Proco
05-30-2011, 02:50 PM
OR, wait for the GlassNexus from the guys at Strymon... sooner or later I'll be released (or I hope so...).

I vote for the Timeline anyway, seems more versatile than the Space if you want more than reverbs. The Space excels at that, but the delay, trem and modulation are kinda meh (I tried it)... yeah the trem sounds good, but not too versatile, it's so subtle than I'm afraid it won't cut thru the mix.

theroan
05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Both, midi reverb and midi delay. For the money you could get an Eclipse though.

Shawnee
05-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah I get what you guys are saying but reverb and delay are both time based effects so there is some crossover. I use both sparingly so I may be able to use one or the other.

crxshdxmmy
05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
yeah the trem sounds good, but not too versatile, it's so subtle than I'm afraid it won't cut thru the mix.

I assume you're talking about the tremolo on the Spring algorithm? If so, maybe. It's not quite as deep as I might like it to be... but the TremoloVerb algorithm is quite fun. And rather versatile, too. :)

Shawnee
05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I am liking the Timefactor videos a LOT. It sure seems like you could simulate some reverb with it. No?

Steve Hotra
05-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I was thinking about both of these pedals as well... ( I think they're great.) I bought a Hall of Fame to hold me over ( yes... I know its not the same thing) But after playing with the HoF, I realized that delay is a big part of the sound I like ( electrics, acoustic, & pedal steel)
So I am not going to get the Space and I'll wait for the Timeline.

Guitarplayerdan
05-30-2011, 04:50 PM
what kinda of question is this? who even considers eventide with all the more beautiful sounds that can come from a strymon. I Dont care get the eventide so my wait for a timeline will be shorter.

crxshdxmmy
05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
^^ When you say "Eventide" ... are you referring to the SPACE?

parkhill
05-30-2011, 05:42 PM
It seems like the Strymon Timeline wouldn't fully cover your needs. You might want to check out a used Damage Control Glass Nexus. I have one and love it. It does modulation, reverb and delay at the same time. And it is midi capable.

Shawnee
05-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Wow parkhill, the Glass Nexus is the one! Does anyone know if Strymon will put them out again? If not, is there anything else like this out there?

andyothling
05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I'd say a Line 6 M9 or M5 is what you are looking for. Considering how sparingly you said you would use the effects, the Space and/or the Timeline would probably be a waste of your money.