PDA

View Full Version : Joyo Ultimate Overdrive Mod

PCE Effects
07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
This is a mod I'm calling the Zeta Drive Mod for your Joyo Ultimate Overdrive pedal to bring it up to spec for some very Dumble-esque tones. The cost is $25 plus $5 return shipping ($30 total) via Paypal or US Postal Money Order. Turnaround time is two days or less once I receive your pedal.

You don't have a Joyo Ultimate Drive? For an additional $45 ($75 total) I will procure one for you and mod it to Zeta Drive specs. Please allow 7-10 additional days when purchasing an Ultimate Drive for modification.

Feel free to email me at PCE.Effects@gmail.com for additional information or to arrange payment/shipment.

mike@nortoncable.com
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, Excellent smithers...

Call it the Beta drive...

CharlyG
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
how bout like the grocery store, Alpha-Beta?

Rock Steady
07-18-2011, 05:07 PM
what is wrong with the stock? I just bought one off ebay I think it sounds fine as it is.

CharlyG
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm just guessing but I think if you soldered resistors across the pots, and added a cap, you may hear a more dark Dumblish tone out of it. IMHO, and allegedly.

PCE Effects
07-18-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm just guessing but I think if you soldered resistors across the pots, and added a cap, you may hear a more dark Dumblish tone out of it. IMHO, and allegedly.

You are correct, sir. I'll also say that I know that in light of alleged recent events this might be perceived as a joke but I'm serious. The Joyo is an excellent pedal and the mods that give it that D-style tone are legit. I've done a bunch of these, including my own, and it sounds great and is an excellent low gain OD.

I'm also a fairly new company and have been doing one-off builds but I do have one pedal coming to market in the next couple of weeks. The first batch of boards is complete and I'm waiting for the enclosures to come back from the print shop. I'll post more details when the time is right about what it is and how it's made with gutshots and specs.

twang
07-18-2011, 06:24 PM
A word of advice; Don't, under any circumstances, build or modify any pedals in your basement. Very risky business... -t-

I'll be sending mine soon!

2HBStrat
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow, no offense but just how boutiquey can we get? A pedal that I've never even heard of (and I've been playing music in bands for a lot of years) has a mod for it? However, it's all cool, and if it makes that Joyo pedal sound like a Zenkudo then I'm definitely interested!

robbinsteele
07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
2HBStrat-o you gotta get in on the freekish blues/joyo connection-do a search,very interesting

PCE Effects
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
A word of advice; Don't, under any circumstances, build or modify any pedals in your basement. Very risky business... -t-

I'll be sending mine soon!

I don't even have a basement! My home is on a slab. :hide

PCE Effects
07-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I've listed some modded Joyo's on the 'Bay for those who want buyer protection and all that stuff. As always, I have a 10-day evaluation period that begins the day you receive the pedal. The 7-10 lead time should be significantly less as I have a shipment from Joyo that should be in Monday or Tuesday. Feel free to pm or email with questions.

Scott Auld
08-04-2011, 06:53 AM
You should post a link to the eBay auctions.

PCE Effects
08-05-2011, 07:54 AM
You should post a link to the eBay auctions.

Great idea, Scott. I didn't before because I wasn't sure whether that was allowed. That batch of auctions has ended but if I put more up I'll definitely post links.

Also, I'm lowering the price of the mod to $25 including shipping and the modded pedal to $70 including shipping.

m0b1liz3
09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
So what exactly are the mods? I live in Australia, already have the pedal, know how to use a soldering iron and will not be shipping the pedal to anyone.

So I was suprised that this thread doesn't actually mention what the mods are...

m0b1liz3
09-25-2011, 05:11 AM
What are the mods exactly?

timhulio
09-26-2011, 03:02 AM
The OP is advertising a service, so I don't know if it's good form to list the mods here.

If you google 'freekish joyo mods' my diagram will be on the first page of results.