PDA

View Full Version : Need a reverb, want an exp pedal option.

pvlcassic30
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Title should say it all. I heard that a tech 21 pedal did this, but was unable to find anything out about the Boost R.V.B. I know the Spring chicken has this option, but that's outrageous. Any thoughts?

pvlcassic30
08-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok, so really all I want is the ability to easily go from short to super long decay without killing my back. I had a Korg DRV 1000 thta had a "long" switch i could push. But its a huge rack, and I want one on my board.

Rock Steady
08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
you need reverb? Reverb sucks. Everyone knows that :messedup

pvlcassic30
08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Lol. Only if you're Gearmanndude

BadMelonFarmer
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Off the top of my head.... Blue Sky Reverb, Eventide Space, Marshall reflector, line 6 M5.

pvlcassic30
08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Blue Sky has an exp jack? if thats the case, im sold.

BadMelonFarmer
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Balls!

Sorry no it doesn't .... It's one of their few stereo in and stereo out.

Sorry, my bad.... The others do though!

pvlcassic30
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Its all good. Thats the verb I wanted most, but thats why I wasnt getting it. lol

BadMelonFarmer
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Space has a "hotswitch" that you can use to toggle between two settings within the same preset... So you might not even need an expression pedal if all you want are two extremes.

pvlcassic30
08-18-2011, 01:12 PM
indeed. thats a good idea.

Once Far Off
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok, so really all I want is the ability to easily go from short to super long decay without killing my back.

I use an EXP on my m9 for this. Works great. I guess an m5?

rbrogan
08-18-2011, 02:34 PM
The Blue Sky has a favorite switch built in (correct me if I'm wrong here, I was looking through the manual (http://www.strymon.net/wp-content/uploads/blueSky_UserManual.pdf) ) So, from what I can tell, you could have it set to a shorter, more straight forward delay, and have preset of your long, ambient delay set as the favorite. So all you have to do is hit the favorite switch to go between them.

I know the m5/9/13 pedals will do this with the expression. I use an M13, and have the heel down setting on my reverb low mix, sort of long decay, a little darker in tone, then I sent my toe up to mix at about 5 or 6, super long decay, and a littler brighter tone. It makes for a huge wash of reverb (cave reverb specifically), and it slides effortlessly between the two. So you could go half way with the expression pedal and those setting's would be half way of where I set the heel down and toe up. It's amazing how well it works, and how easy it is to set up.

pvlcassic30
08-21-2011, 01:17 PM
The favorite switch is on board? Or is it the separate pedal you have to get?

Ben C.
08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
If you're willing to wait, I believe the new Neunaber Wet is incorporating an expression jack.

BadMelonFarmer
08-21-2011, 02:10 PM
The favourite switch on the BSR is on the pedal, there is no extra socket for the favourite switch add on or expression pedal... Like there is on the El Capistan.

askthedust
08-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Sorry, I've searched the same for a long long time to get those crazy reverb sweep ala A Place to Bury Strangers and the only option was the Spring Chicken. That was pre M5 and Space, though.

pvlcassic30
08-21-2011, 05:23 PM
I like the WET, so waiting on them to develop an exp jack is an idea. Also, the BSR is an option,just a bit pricier,but more versatile.

Mr. Limbic
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
bump...looking to do the same, love the wet but I would like an expression for it to to be able to blend in the density of the reverb, any ideas besides m9 or space?

pvlcassic30
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Since the start of this thread ive decided the best thing for me is to go Big Sky, and set a favorite with long decay and mix/blend. But itdbe nice to swell to that intead offlash to it in an instant.

RBfan
08-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Didn't see it mentioned because obviously it's not in the same class as Blue Sky, Wet, etc. but... EHX Holy Stain does spring-ish Room & Hall verbs & takes an expression pedal. I use this mainly for swells, which sound great, but it's no Blue Sky.

It also has a mix knob at the far left side, over which I put one of those MXR knob condoms - this allows me to nudge it a bit to change the mix with my foot. With verb amount set to zero (and exp pedal heel down) there is still verb present - some folks get irritated with this. To get rid of it just dial the mix knob accordingly.

Also has a pitch shifter (kinda hard to get used to) & tremolo, which add a bit of verb, too.

They're not very expensive - you might try one at GC. Just a thought,

T

taco-man
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Did you consider using a Third-hand expression pedal or an option knob?

RBfan
08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I had already ordered a few MXR knobs before I knew about the 3rd hand thing - also a good option. I'm too cheap at the moment, but will try it in the future.

T

Mr. Limbic
08-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I actually bought a t1m blender but I didn't like the results as much, but I think I figured it out...I just bought an el capstan tape delay, and one of the secondary functions of the mix knob is spring reverb and when you plug in an expression pedal you can configure it with any of the knobs, so im thinking about doing that, but its a toss up because I also want the favorite switch, which uses the same jack as the expression...so maybe I can plug the blender into it and use a pedal for mix/repeats and also use the favorite switch? Seems like that would work...I also have a wet reverb so I can have that set for low reverb and drench it with one of the presets on the cap, decisions decisions! But that's part of the fun...ill have to look into the holy stain, thanks for the suggestion