PDA

View Full Version : EHX freeze [pedal arrangement]

delay dude
10-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Where do you put your ehx freeze in the signal chain?

At first: to be able to modify your frozen chords.

At last: to freeze a modified chord.

... or behind the overdrive but before delay? :huh

Tenebrous
10-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Always put mine in a custom looper, which allows me to move it between going straight into the delay, and being in the effects loop of it with just one kick :) It's pretty pointless putting it after your delay (unless you're trying to capture the tonal quality of your delay... Which is hard cause the freeze doesn't sound great anyway) but putting it just before will work :)

gengis
10-07-2011, 07:53 AM
My EHX Freeze is the last effect of my chain. Thus I can freeze chords with or without effects depending on my needs.
My favorite way of using the freeze is to play a chord with a volume swell with a long delay and I freeze the chord. Huge sound (a bit like a church organ) !

baranger1
10-07-2011, 08:31 AM
I love the Freeze in the loop of a delay.
Its sounds very cool in the loop of an analog delay!
Check 1:45
sjFth1mg5Rc

Bill

litespeed
10-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I run mine in my amp's effects loop with no problems.....

Matthew John Bell
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
I run mine post dirt, pre modulation and delay. I like the option to freeze a gain-y note or saturated chord, but then turn off my od and play clean on top of it.

Heady Jam Fan
10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I would probably do it post dirt because pre-dirt I suspect it could change the characteristic of the distortion - the guitars signal plus that of the freeze would hypothetically cause dirt pedals to distort more.

Blanket Jackson
10-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I put the freeze smack in the middle currently
after gain, compressor, fuzz, delay #1
before modulation, POG, Ventilator, delay #2

Geetar_Will
10-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Not to hijack the thread - is this thing true bypass? I've had EHX pedals with absolutely horrid bypass.

loudif
10-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I run mine early after dirt and vibe, but before delay, trem and reverb. I find frozen chords into a DMM with no dealy set to vibrato mode gets a nice hammond organ type of sound. Fun to play around ith.