PDA

View Full Version : National Polychrome appearance ?

52ftbuddha
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.artisanguitars.com/national-triolian-polychrome/

I want one of the above but my better half and others in my life say it looks silly. I like it but I cant afford to buy guitars that I am the only audience for in case I have to sell it in the future.

So what do you think of the polychrome with the stencil on the back and the maple fretboard.

thanks
rob

musicofanatic5
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Maple f.b.?? So wrong for this gtr. All else about it is good, but if you're concerned with future resale, it's the maple f.b.

stevieboy
10-10-2011, 01:43 PM
I think it's beautiful. I've seen a couple in person. The stencil has always been a feature of the Polychrome, and in some ways one might say it is a signature for Nationals in general, certainly it has historical significance for the brand. The maple neck is a cool twist and looks great on that color body IMO. If I was in the market for another National, I'd seriously consider one. Then again, they have a lot of great models out now, so plenty to choose from.

52ftbuddha
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
We have one for and one against. Funny its the stencil my lot don't like. I do myself for as stevieboy said the historical reference. Thanks for the responses.

rob