PDA

View Full Version : Fender MIM Deluxe Strats : Lonestar,Roadhouse,Deluxe Players?

V-Type
10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Ive been tempted too try another Strat for quite awhile and a Fender loving friend of mine told me too go the Fender MIM Deluxe route vs the other MIM's,MIJ's and the entry Hwy1's for low $$$$ too high quality Strat.
I had a couple of USA strats an 88 and a 90 but they werent that great for me feel wise(both were maple neck btw).
So who has a MIM deluxe and how do you like it ,can you make a fair comparison too the other Fender Strat models?

mrkenny
10-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I stumbled upon a 50's Roadworn Strat a while back. I was so impressed I bought another as a back up. I have no idea why these MIM Fenders so it for me, they just do.

David Garner
10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm curious about the Roadhouse Strat myself.

bluzkat
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
V Type,

Do yourself a favor and also check out the 'new' Am Std Strats. These were updated in 2008 (I believe), I have a 2010 Am Std and the quality is amazing for the money. I've had my Strat almost two years and it still amazes me everytime I pick it up!!

Han Solo
10-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I have Deluxe Powerhouse strat (discontinued but they pop up second hand from time to time). Some call it the Clapton strat's little brother. Great guitar with nice fit and finish.

The features are a 12dB mid-boost with master no-load tone control, and a beefy neck with 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets.

So that's my MIM Deluxe tip. Thank me later. All you have to do is find one in Candy Apple Red ;).

shane88
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
i like the deluxe players - ash/usa noiseless/12"/gold hardware - tempted to get 1

zephaniah zion
10-26-2011, 11:13 PM
You'll get a fair amount of "don't go MIM" for varied reasons. Do yourself a favor and play as many guitars in the model line as possible and let the guitar stand out to you. No matter the price tag, there are good and bad at every price point, each and every one of them.;) That said I personally like the Roadhouse line and HWY1s.

Tone_Terrific
10-26-2011, 11:22 PM
i like the deluxe players - ash/usa noiseless/12"/gold hardware - tempted to get 1
These are very nice if the specs fit you....lose the pups, however.

Bro.Twang
10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a roadhouse strat, its a nice geetar. Its the honey blond with the brown shell pg. I changed out the pups, didnt care for the tx sp. Overall a good value.

dantedayjob
10-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I have two MIM Strats, a Classic 50s and a Richie Blackmore signature. Both are fantastic guitars... they needed a good setup, but hey... how many guitars don't?

David Garner
10-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I have a roadhouse strat, its a nice geetar. Its the honey blond with the brown shell pg. I changed out the pups, didnt care for the tx sp. Overall a good value.

I'm thinking of snagging a black one and turning it into a Gilmourcaster.

boonhogganbeck
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I have a Mexican Standard strat that I've really enjoyed. It's a 2010 in candy apple red with rosewood board. I have changed out the pickups (Dimarzio noiseless).

Progbusters
10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
I have Deluxe Powerhouse strat (discontinued but they pop up second hand from time to time). Some call it the Clapton strat's little brother. Great guitar with nice fit and finish.

The features are a 12dB mid-boost with master no-load tone control, and a beefy neck with 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets.

So that's my MIM Deluxe tip. Thank me later. All you have to do is find one in Candy Apple Red ;).

I got one. Its very nice.