PDA

View Full Version : Hi cut mod for the newest version Boss DD3?

jlagrassa
11-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Looks like they have updated the circuit to the Boss DD3, I went to do the hi cut mod and it made no difference. I have found out that the DD3 circuit has been changed and the cap across the effect pot is no longer valid.... anyone figure out how to do the Hi cut mod to the newest version DD-3.

sbr
11-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Is it on to the DD-3C version now?

jlagrassa
11-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Is it on to the DD-3C version now?

I found this info on the Keeley site so this is all I know:

Description
NOTE: As of October 2010 we no longer offer modifications to new DD-3 pedals. Boss changed the design of the DD-3 pedals to which our modification is no longer applicable. We are still modifying customer DD-3 pedals as long as they are older than October of 2010.

April 2011 - It seems like we have found some serial number ranges that we are sure we CAN NOT MOD - the serial numbers starting OZxxxx, MZxxxx, and PZxxxx can not be modded. Please check folks, it wastes a lot of money shipping pedals back and forth and around the world just for both of us to be dissapointed. If we do come up with a mod we will try to email you and let you know in the future.

analogmike
11-14-2011, 10:41 AM
The dd3 is now using a standard non-proprietary delay chip and not using analog companders like the old ones. The pots only have control voltages on them so you can't do a highcut on the pots. You need to find a point on the board to do it on which is not easy. We still mod the DD3 for high cut.

jlagrassa
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
The dd3 is now using a standard non-proprietary delay chip and not using analog companders like the old ones. The pots only have control voltages on them so you can't do a highcut on the pots. You need to find a point on the board to do it on which is not easy. We still mod the DD3 for high cut.

So I take it you are only doing the older versions, but thanks for the added info Mike.

edgie
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
So soundwise, how does the newer DD3 differ from the old one in their stock form?

jlagrassa
11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
So soundwise, how does the newer DD3 differ from the old one in their stock form?

Still sounds the same from what I remember nice clear repeats, seems to not overload as easy like the older ones but it would still be nice to have a little high cut on the delay!

edgie
11-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that. I had a DD3 before that was modded by Gsonique, the maker of Seventh Heaven. It's my favorite hi cut mod to a DD3 but I sold it because I couldn't stand the boss buffer. But now the Jack Orville bypass silent switches will now be available locally here in Singapore soon so I'm keen on another DD3.

Thanks Mike for the serial number tip.:aok

analogmike
11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
So I take it you are only doing the older versions, but thanks for the added info Mike.

we mod any version.

orogeny
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for that. I had a DD3 before that was modded by Gsonique, the maker of Seventh Heaven. It's my favorite hi cut mod to a DD3 but I sold it because I couldn't stand the boss buffer. But now the Jack Orville bypass silent switches will now be available locally here in Singapore soon so I'm keen on another DD3.

Thanks Mike for the serial number tip.:aok
pretty sure jack said those switches are a no go on the dd3 (or any of the boss digital delay line). . . . can't remember why. . .