PDA

View Full Version : New amp!

chokerjoker4
12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Im looking for a new amp, it needs to be able to do the whole wolf mother classic rock , and som more modern rock like rage against the mashine :p but also some older bluesy stuff like srv and hendrix? What amo would this be ? I dont mind using pedals for distortion aslong as a good pedal i recomended :) please keep it at 1600usd limit :) thankyou

chokerjoker4
12-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I dont mind buying used :)

chokerjoker4
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Bump i know this has been asked for many times before, but its kind of urgent, and i cant fint anything specific on these bands in one amp :) what would you reccomend, vox ac30? Fender deluxe or super reverb? Marshall type? :) can i get a clean amp like a fender and kick a pedal and still get a good distorted tone as if i was to use some amp distortion ?

billfoma
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
For the amount of money you have to spend, I would recommend picking up a used Marshall (JCM900 maybe?) and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. You should still have enough money left over to buy a couple decent pedals. Good luck to you!

fritferret
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
i highly recommend the evil robot, 30 watt for additional headroom.

theaxedoctor
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I'll sell you my Marshall DSL 40 Watt. It definitely does the modern rock sound. It has 3 channels but its actually more like clean, dirty, and boost. I have to admit the cleans aren't pristine, but hey, its a JCM200 what do you expect.

C-4
12-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Marshall is definitely tghe way to go. I have been reading up on various boutique amps lately out of boredom. there are a lot if different types of them out there, but the Goldfinger 45 or 90 sounds really good. Others suggest a PWE Event Horizon.

However, for the money being spent for say, a Goldfinger, where you get a nice clean and two differenty types of saturated drive, along with power reduction and voltage reduction, you can buy for about $700 less, a Marshall JVM 205, new, which has 6 different sounds at the push of a button and a programmable footswitch, and is all tube as well. The used ones are even less expensive.

Marshall will be celebrating 50 years in business in about 26 days, so the 2012 NAMM and Music Messe in March are going to be two places where Marshall will be introducing some new gear.

I'm trying to hold off buying anything until I see what they bring out. Besides, if after those shows, Marshall has some great stuff coming, you know that others will be trying to unload their current Marshall gear for the new stuff, if they like it, so bargains should be in abundance.

Plus, with so many other builders, something is bound to be too good to pass up.