1st time buying from music toyz .... So far not so good ....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by josh.rigaud, May 28, 2012.

1. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

Ordered a Dr Brake lite SA on thursday morning, with 2 day delivery. Yes, im in Brazil but I had it sent to a buddys house in FL since he is flying down on wednesday morn. Thursday afternoon I received a message from Musictoyz saying that the order had been shipped and that UPS would send me a tracking nr .... Never received any tracking nr..... I tried calling them on Friday eve, but forgot that they arent a store, so they dont receive calls after 5, nor do they take calls on Sat and Sunday, Today is labor day or memorial day so they`re closed. Im getting kinda worried cuz theres no way to get a hold of them ... ... This sux..

2. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

well, i hate to tell ya, but ive heard this story before...

people have had problems in the past...but then again, ive see peple sing praises...

hope you get your stuff in a timely manner!

3. mj07

mj07 Gold Supporting Member

If you ordered it Thursday, with the holiday two days delivery would be Tuesday. I'd expect it'll show up Tuesday.

4. succor

succor Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that, man. I literally shudder to think about my experiences with them. Scary stuff. :worried

5. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/second_day.html

6. cas29

cas29 Member

How are you getting worried yet? LOL it hasnt even been two business days yet.

Friday = 1 business day
    Tues = 2

I personally hate UPS with a passion and wish more companies would ship with USPS. So even if it doesnt come Tues, I would put the blame on UPS, as they're usually horrible.

7. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

I've ordered twice from them. Both times I had problems and will never order from them again...

oh, and good luck trying to get a human on the phone.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  8. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

I know that ... Just that they said that they would send me a tracking nr shortly.... and I never got one... so I have no idea where my stuff is ...

9. Axe_34

Axe_34 Supporting Member

Sounds like deju vu all over again.

10. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

hahaha yall arent helpin man ! haha ..... That thing needs to get there tomo!

11. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

I've had great service from them. Fast shipping and great packing. They are professionals and I seriously doubt they would ripoff a paying customer.

12. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Strongly disagree.

... but glad you had good luck!

13. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

What exactly did the email from toyz say? Item has been shipped?(Then they had the tracking number and could have sent it in email). UPS has been notified and Item has been scheduled for pickup.( Tracking number would come from UPS).. Just curious.I have no dog in this fight.

14. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

Sorry to hear you didn't. But maybe I should reword that and say they were professional in their behavior toward me.

15. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

Prolly will, like it's been said, that's 2 business days.

Anyway, I've ordered from them before, 3 of which were phone orders and i talked with a lady on the first dial, anyway, only had one problem, ordered a BB preamp standard and got an AC in copper, which I should have kept, but all was straightened out with no additional cost.

16. hank57

hank57 Gold Supporting Member

I had a long set of problems with regards to item saying it shipped even though it was not in stock at all. Back n forth till they came up with alternate item. They are trying to look like a big company but I felt like they a small company that couldn't find if they had what they thought they had and Peter was not sure where paul was. Blah blah.

Give them one week and then ask for refund no exception. It's like a codependent family trying to make you feel better on a bad day.

17. branbolio

branbolio Supporting Member

Had a bad purchase experience about 7 years ago with them, will still never shop there again.

18. colinesquire

colinesquire Member

I've ordered from them 3 times in the past decade & had a problem twice. First was a Jensen speaker-no problem. 2nd was a rio grande p90 that was microphonic. They would not accept a return or exchange & told me to contact RG. Luckily they swapped for me but were probably under no obligation to do so. 3rd was last year on an overdrive. After testing it was not for me & I returned. Getting a refund took a lot of effort as they didn't return emails. I had to go through CC.

That being said they are not scammers, just seemingly disorganized with not good communication. As someone said above the present themselves as large business but I think it's a small shop. I'm sure you'll get your pedal.

19. Occam

Occam Member

I've definitely ordered things from them and gotten tracking numbers for things that have never actually been sent out because they were never in stock to begin with...I hope that isn't the case. Thankfully I don't really have to deal with them anymore because there are a lot of boutique spots on the internet but 10 years ago it was slim pickings. What were they called before? Gas Pedal or something like that?

20. buzzp

buzzp Supporting Member

I had a terrible problem with their return policy as well. They called me a "return abuser". I hate them more than comcast customer service