"Accelerate Your Guitar Playing" by Tomo Fujita

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by John Hurtt, Apr 14, 2005.

1. BluesMate

BluesMate Member

Hi Tomo, I am not sure I understood the concept well, you plug your metronome to '65 Fender Vibrolux and play your guitar with '65 Pro Reverb, does it sound more confortable than plugging your metronome to PA or you had no other choice when demoing ?

Thanks
    Zoran

2. Tomo

Tomo Member

Hi Zoran,

That's right. I never thought about using PA system. I just thought that's easy way to do. I am sure that Rittor will provided me anything I request. I was amazed that they found '65 Pro Reverb! but I brought all my vintage tubes.

Tomo

3. BluesMate

BluesMate Member

that is interesting, I never thought that if I cannot take my amp with me to take tubes instead, like that idea, I guess you take only preamp tubes, because you need to bias output tubes if amp needs biasing ?

Anyhow, I think I would need to get a good metronome and have it turned on every time I take the guitar in my hands...

Zoran

4. Tomo

Tomo Member

Hi Zoran, thanks for writing. To me... tubes are one of most important things in my amps so when I travel, I bring all my favorite vintage tubes with me. If I have my amp tech, then I will do Power tubes, but mostly I only change preamp tubes.

I use Boss DB-88(I think...). Using a metronome is great way to get your time improve, but it's important to use it and not use it. It's important to have choices. Enjoy!

PS, when I practice blues soloing, I normally practice without backing so that I can imagine many possible chord changes or many grooves.

Tomo

5. Tomo

Tomo Member

6. Tomo

Tomo Member

Happy new year! Thank you so much for your warm support.

Tomo

7. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thanks so much guys! Please check out my AYGP dvd & More AYGP dvd if you want to improve your skills.

Tomo

8. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thank you so much guys!

Tomo

9. crosse79

crosse79 Supporting Member

I've got this - best tutorial I have ever bought period!

10. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Hope you will improve more and more. Having a solid foundation, you will enjoy your guitar playing more. Please check out my HOT SET after these dvds.

Tomo

11. ddsl401

ddsl401 Member

How?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Tomo

Tomo Member

amazon.com or ebay.com

and search "Tomo Fujita" you will see. Thanks.

Tomo

13. boo radley

boo radley Supporting Member

I have a quick question -- I bought this DVD from Amazon, and have started looking at it....

Do you recommend progressing through each section in parallel? Or, just starting with the fingering exercises, mastering them, THEN going to intervals in the DVD order.

14. Tomo

Tomo Member

I think you should pick a few from each section and no need to worry to finish all in order. A lot of are try to each too much food at once! Practice slower than you think it should be and please record your performance. And enjoy!!!

Tomo

15. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thanks so much!

Tomo

16. macki

macki Member

I have had the DVD for a month now - it has really helped me. Thanks!

For myself, its nice to have structured set of lessons that I can focus on. Even the "simple" stuff has just helped me reconnect a bit with playing.

The hardest for me so far? The chord changes around the A note on the E string (end of section one). As an old rock guitar player, my hand has had to learn to stretch a bit :0)

17. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thank you very much for your comment on my AYGP dvd. They are still doing good. I am very happy.

This is really hard to control... because it's simple and it's very hard to notice this. Basically, you really think about your left hand pressure, left hand's placement... relax more everytime when you play your guitar. I still play a lot of attention to my hand's pressure all the times. So think this way, you can play chords or bend notes without your left hand thumb! Maybe I wil post this on my Youtube Channel. Lately, I post really short lessons for my tape lesson students. It's in Japanese, but you can watch it and learn from it.

Simple is not simply easy. We can learn from something we already know, but more meaning deeply way? Less is more approach or recycle what we own and enjoy things, appreciate more things so simple you become very positive person.

Tomo

18. Tomo

Tomo Member

Thanks so much for using my AYGP dvd.

Tomo

19. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

Any way of getting a downloadable version of this? Stuff always gets "lost" when sent to Brazil...

20. Tomo

Tomo Member

DVD? I almost lost my booklet a few times.

Tomo